Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Help With Joomla Content Source Using Categories Please

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have the Lifestyle QuickStart Demo Site Running in my Version of Mamp and Joomla on my local computer… I am trying to figure out how to put different images on the home page. I see that the slideshow is generated from a Zentools Module named "Frontpage Slideshow"

When I open that and choose the tab "Content Type Settings" I see that
Joomla Content Source is set to "Categories" and the Categories is set to Services,

which really baffles me because I see no images on any of the articles with the category of services.

I found the pictures that are displayed in the Front Page Slide show in the Media Manager folder democontent>slideshow, yet when I replace those images with my own images nothing shows up on the home page.

The documentation on the zentools site just says

"Categories
When the content source is set to categories this input is automatically displayed. Select the desired categories to display on the page"

This is no help to me. It does not explain how the module knows where the pictures are.
This (building a site with this template and Zenttools etc) seems like it is a lot to tackle for me.. but I am determined. Can anyone help me? I would be happy to upgrade my subscription for the most amount of help that I can get.

Thank you in advance,
Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Elizabeth,

Its pulling the content from image and link tab rather than the article page content

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
articles-links.jpg
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you Paul,

I wish there were books or videos that cover joomla bamboo templates and all of the extensions like zentools.. It is a lot to wrap your head around.

thanks, your last post solved my problem!

Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
Hi Elizabeth,

You're welcome - we do plan to add to the documentation of Joomla Bamboo

These are the latest zentool posts

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/zentools-external-links-and-directory-tutorial

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/zentools-and-link-a-in-joomla-3

We will be adding to zentools docs either this week or next with the article "how to use intro text with Zentools"

If you have specific documentation requests please ask and we will see what we can do

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers