Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Sidebar pushed down

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi There,

Having an issue with the sidebar on my template - only using this one in one place so far, the home page, where I've set up a featured article and then a zentools slide in the sidebar. But it keeps dropping down below the Content area and I can't figure out why.

The other thing which seems strange, is a conflict between the layout shown in Template Admin (both sidebars to the right of content area) and the layout when live (sidebar 1 to the left of content and sidebar2 to the right)

Any ideas?
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Do you have a link for the site?

With the interface it can get confused with all the different layouts available

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sure - it's orangereel.co
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
Can you try disabling the nonumber extension as a test to see if that causes the sidebar to align

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
All disabled, no change
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
You have a lots of unclosed DIV tags in the content which you should fix first

validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Forangereel.co%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
Sorry Mihha - I'm not a coder, which is the reason I use JoomlaBamboo - so don't really have the skillset to address those issues directly.

Though the only thing on this page (with the exception of the login, which was added after the problem began presenting) is the JB template and zentools slide.

Does that mean the template needs to be edited in order to work? Would it be better for me to find an alternative? Do all the JoomlaBamboo require this kind of code editing to work? Sorry for the questions - as I said, I'm not a coder.
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
This is really not a template issue. You created your content, but you didn't close HTMl elements correctly. That is the reason why you see those issues. Browser just can't render website correctly if it can't find out which element belongs where. I am afraid that even with CMS like Joomla, you need to know and understand HTML basics. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that you shouldn't use it. I am just telling that you should know your enemy if you want to defeat him
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
I haven't added any HTML.

This page contains just a test article (One title, one word) and the login module so that something is in the sidebar.

I've deactivated every module, menu, plugin that goes on this page. If my content is causing this, do I not publish articles?
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
Just to be certain - I disabled the Login module and added a custom html with two words. Same issue is presenting.

Joomla is up to date, this version isn't creating any complications on my other sites. I can't think of anything else to do
  • kyteasdale
  • 12 Month basic
  • 43 posts
Think its best at this stage if you create a ticket for the site

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyteasdale

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers