Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problem with Nebula Template and Internet Explorer

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I created a new website using the Nebula template. So far so good, everything seems to work as expected. Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that on his computer neither the top module (images slider and text component) nor any gallery features work using Internet Explorer (On Windos 7). Even the scroll to top image is not shown.

My first thought was that this is somehow a security or whatever problem on his machine, e.g. scripting blocked, but when I looked deeper into it, I was not able to make it work. I deactivated on his machine all security stuff, deactivated AV protection, put the security level in IE to minimum but no chance. Using Firefox or Chrome, no issues at all. On the same machine, many other Joomlabamboo templates are working fine, especially all the web 2.0 stuff.

Does anybody have any idea, why there could be these issues using Internet Explorer and the Nebula template?

Thanks for any help!

Link to the page: www.lifekinetik-kirchheim.de

Thorsten
  • v4zehn
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 27 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm experiencing some issues, also, and Anthony is working on it.

I learnt that you have to "disable development mode in the template settings, as ie is not able to load all of the less files and that causes issues in a lot of cases".
  • SteinerPDP
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 397 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Can you clarify the IE version you are using - I'm assuming its IE10 with it being windows 7

It looks like you have jblibrary installed - did you install that for any jquery handling issue?

If you have that installed can you disable it

Can you also attach a screenshot of the problem you see

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Uuuuh, what an ugly IE setting causes this issue:
You can click in the address bar on the button "Compatibility View" (direct beside the reload arrow). This enforces that the Website is displayed in an IE8 conform mode. (This must be around 2009, 4 years ago) If you disable this setting (and I think some users have activated this accidentially...) the website is displayed as expected...
  • v4zehn
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 27 posts
Using compatiblity mode will break most sites unfortunately not just JB template based sites

The more obsolete the IE browser the older the compatiblity mode which makes things even worse :(

With Windows XP being dropped from MS support/update next April this will probably get worse as some users will be stuck on XP and IE8

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers