Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Customization of background color for left menu sidebar

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello.

I am having trouble customizing the Moments template for the background color of the sidebar and the menu. It does not seem to be in the "variables.less" that the color is set. Could you provide direction ?

The Thememagic does not seem to have the appearance setting like some other templates.

Thank you for your help.
  • rescogitae
  • 12 Month basic
  • 19 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

You will need to add the changes to the custom.css file

You would need to rename the file rename_custom.css to custom.css first

This is file is found in the template css folder

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
There is no way to use a less file, we must edit the css directly ?

Won't it be overwritten the next time the less files get compiled ?

Thank you
  • rescogitae
  • 12 Month basic
  • 19 posts
sorry I wasn't clear with adding the same style to the custom.css you are not editing any existing style

The custom.css is protected againest any templates updates and is also unaffected from less to css updates

With it being further down the stack it will overide previous styling if its exactly the same css

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am sorry to be such a pain. I still do not understand.

There is currently no custom.css ïn the css directory of the moment template. Does this means that I have to analyse all the PHP code of T3, Zen Toolkit and Moments to see which variable I need to put into this file, just to change the background color ?

For instance I changed the @bodybackground in the variables.less and was easily able to change the color of the main screen.

What is the variable I should add to this custom.css file to change the color of the background for the menu ?

Thank you
  • rescogitae
  • 12 Month basic
  • 19 posts
Hi

You could update the LESS file but any template update would wipe it

Using the custom.css file means working in conjunction with a css tool e.g. something like Firefbug or the chrome developer tools

Which is what we use to troubleshoot css

Seems the custom.css file was admitted on this version - so can you drop in an empty css file and call it custom.css

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by manh.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers