Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

[solved]Spoted a problem with Mega Menu in Zen Base

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there.

I'm building a multilingue joomla 3.x website.
I choose to try Zen Base because I wanted something simple and elegant with a nice markup and cool css rules.
Well...ok I'm JB templates fan :D

I built this site with 1 langage at first but I injected 2 more langages...and then you now that to have 3 menus, one for each langage, you need to create 3 menu with a different system name for each one.

My first menu had mainmenu as system name and it was working with Mega Menu, no problems...
But I created 2 new menus, and I renamed my first one to have 3 different system names...
Mega Menu was not anymore displaying anything...
I renamed one of the menu mainmenu as system name and Mega Menu displayed this one (if the goog langage was is selected...the one associated with this menu of course)

I realized than perhaps Mega Menu can't be used in the case of a multilangage site.

Ok I don't realy need Mega Menu, I tuned the template to display a Joomla Module, and then I can name (system name) my menus as I want and it works.

Is there any solution to make it work with Mega Menu ? Did I missed somthing ?

Thanks for any answer.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Brunus. Reason: solved
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

And did you set up a copy of your template for each language and assign it as default for each language.

In the template menu settings you choose which menu the mega menu should use. So if you have a templte for each language then you should be able to change the menu it uses.

If the template is set to show main-menu and then you change the system name, then it no longer has a menu to show so you will see nothing.

Regards,

Rob

PS. Sorry for the late reply!
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Hi Rob,

No I did not set up a copy of the template for each language. I only create one menu for each language, then also one menu module or each language.
Ok I understand what I should do to make it works with mega-menu.
I think it's almost overkill to create one template for each language, but it's a good thing to know that it's a solution.
At least I will test this; even if I don't keep mega-menu finaly.

Thanks Rob !
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks for the update good luck with the site

Regards
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers