Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

remove the hidden panel?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is it possible to remove the hidden panel? if so, how do i do that?

thanks,
joe
  • grveins
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi
if you unpublish all modules inside Panel1 and Panel2 and Panel3 and Panel4 hidden panel will not show.
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Sorry to necro this thread but it was somewhat relevant to my problem. I've successfully removed the hidden panel and added a normal menu in it's place (see link). I was hoping the sixth menu "Lessons" would automatically use the "color6" class suffix just as the hidden panel menu button did. However, as you can see I think it's using color1, which is already being used for "Home". I would like to assign color6 to the Lessons menu button if possible but am not sure how, seeing as how I can't really assign color6 to the entire Main Menu module without it affecting all buttons in the Main Menu (I think?). Any help would be appreciated.
  • kmauldin
  • 12 Month basic
  • 16 posts
Hi

Are you looking to change the colours of menu item 6? I'm not quite following :)

If so the styling would be

#navwrap ul li.menu6, .stripe6 {background-color: red; border-bottom-color: blue;}

Obviously you will need to chose better colours with a hex value e.g. #eee, #2e4150 etc

Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
paulus103 wrote:
Hi

Are you looking to change the colours of menu item 6? I'm not quite following :)

Yes exactly, sorry I should've been more clear. Basically, according to the color palette that I'm using with the "Colour Shift" template, menu item 6 should be a brownish color by default (see attachment). Normally that 6th menu button is occupied by the "hidden panel" but since I chose to remove it and add a standard menu item there, the color changed to blue. I suppose I can just force it to the brownish color like you mentioned, I was just hoping there was a way to have it always use the 6th color in the palette no matter what palette I choose globally (if that makes sense). That way if / when I choose to change the color palette in the template settings, it will automatically switch without me having to edit a hex code every time.

hiddenpanel.png
  • kmauldin
  • 12 Month basic
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by kmauldin. Reason: clarification
Hi

If you add those styles it targets the sith menu item only

#navwrap ul li.menu6, .stripe6
{background-color: red; border-bottom-color: blue;}

In this the background colour should be a horrible red and the bottom border a horrible blue

If you added this to either your custom.css stylesheet or via the appearance tab > custom styling option it will always overide the hilite whatever you use

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Cool, thanks for that. I figured there'd be a way to fix it without having to add/edit css code but that wasn't too bad. I guess I won't be switching color schemes too often so I can live with that.
  • kmauldin
  • 12 Month basic
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by kmauldin.
no problem and welcome to JB :)

Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HI Paul,

I wanted to make the similar change-- however, it did not change the color of the 6th menu item which is still showing color1.

(previous to inserting your code the 6th strip was already showing the 6th color.)

Any suggestions?

Pam
  • zgsgpsweb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 739 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Pam,

Do you have a link?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
www.zero-g-solutions.com/dev_copy/

Thanks
Pam
  • zgsgpsweb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 739 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi,

I seems to be working now-- indicating server timing--
thanks,
Pam
  • zgsgpsweb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 739 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers