Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Replacing Pictures - looking for assistance

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

When I replace the pictures with my own version they don't look as nice. It looks like there is some sort of outline or border around each picture but my attempts at duplicating it have not worked out.

Could some one give me suggestions as to how to get them to look more "polished"?

When I type over the text from the demo and then replace (delete/insert new pic) it looks terrible.
When I check the demo sample it looks much nicer.

(too embarrassed to post link at this point in time).; This should be very easy and is making me very frustrated today.
  • serena
  • Previous Member
  • 21 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Serena,

Not quite sure what is happening there but are you adding image for a module or just the articles?
I'm guessing you are using the editor to do so. Make sure it does not have a class of border when you add the images and if you are replacing the demo images, some of them might have sizes specified that could be skewing your images. Try removing them. Hard to say what is happening without a link though.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
I have unpublished the modules and am just focusing on the articles right at the moment.

OK - will face embarrassment to get thru this and then will delete the link
(edited - removed link)

What's the difference between replacing the following articles under the ABOUT US

Overview - has the demo and it looks great

Bio - looks terrible - text is too close to the picture.

Would it be related to that I made a new Section called Blog 1? The Overview is still using Demo Content?
  • serena
  • Previous Member
  • 21 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by serena. Reason: removed link to site - not ready for world yet
Hey Serena,

You can achieve the same effect by giving your images a class of 'border' and 'floatleft'
and also wrapping the introtext text in a paragraph tag.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
I think I found the answer!

there is a

classes - border floatleft

on the advanced tab in the demo data. When I change that it make my pic look just like the demo!
  • serena
  • Previous Member
  • 21 posts
That's great Serena. Seems like you didn't need us after all :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Oh no! I still will need you. I am determined to master Joomla and learn how to use your templates for some of my customers.
Self-learning only works so well.
  • serena
  • Previous Member
  • 21 posts
We're glad to help as always Serena :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers