Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Installing two or more instances of the same theme

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello!

I am using the Zen Grid Template for a multilingual website with three languages. I have already installed the YOS Joomfish template switcher plugin.

So now I have to create two instances of the already installed Zen Grid Template.

Can you tell me which files do I have to edit in the template zip-package-file so that I will have after installation three zen grid templates with altering slider configuration (text)?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Vienna,
Andreas
  • poeschek
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 10 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by poeschek.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Wow, you wan't a different template for each language?

That's sounds like making life difficult.

Have you tried simply renaming the zip file and upping it again?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Actually, now that I think about it for more than 3sec. I realise that you have to change the template name and edit the file paths that mention 'zengrid' in template_details.xml to avoid getting folder/path errors.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Yeah thats right ...

So you could duplicate on the server perhaps or just upload the other versions via ftp and rename the folder to reflect the template language. eg zengrid_french

You will then need to go into the templateDetails.xml file and rename the template according to the language you specified on the folder. eg zengrid_french

Then as Seth mentioned you will need to rename all instances of zengrid to zengrid_french. That should get it working for you.

Zen Grid has some path specific features hence why you need to change the templateDetails.xml file for this.

Hope this helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello!

Thank you for your quick response and help!

Greetings
Andreas
  • poeschek
  • 10 posts
No problem Andreas,

Let us know if that doesn't get it all working for you. Thanks.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers