Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Just an Question on Zen Framework

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey Guys,

I'm just trying to understand what the zen framework is. Is this something I can load with any template, bamboo or not? Or I create a template using it?

Still learning this stuff so sorry if the question is obvious and I don't know :)

Thanks!
  • Frances Munoz
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 208 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Frances,

You can treat Zen Grid like any other template. In the template parameters you will notice that you can create almost any layout with it that you may have previously seen or long desired. As far as template design goes, You can build on the framework of Zen Grid with your designs to build a template which is your own. Hope that shed some light on what it is. You're going to get many more people replying here as to how they see the Zen Grid and what they think it can do for them.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the clarity! So when you say build do I need to create style sheets for everything or just use the css in it to manipulate like a template?

I have been seeing these different frameworks base on the 960 Grid and wasn't sure what it was or how it was used. Still a lot to learn! Thanks again!

Frances
  • Frances Munoz
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 208 posts
Hey Frances,

Yes, you can build on the existing stylesheets and add any design elements to it. As you can see it is quite a bare scaffold ready to be furnished.
The framework uses the 960 grid method to structure a layout.
Glad you're interested :)
Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
You can also check out the css in the blank theme - its got all of the classes available to style in that css style sheet - /style/blank/theme.css.

If you start to play around with the styles there you should get a feel for whats possible.

Thanks Anthony

BTW congratulations on 100 posts :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yes definitely interested! Thanks so much guys this really helps!! I think I'm going to be messing with it on my next project so you'll probably be hearing from me again! :)

Ha! 100 posts for all my crazy questions!!

Thanks Jason and Anthony
  • Frances Munoz
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 208 posts
Happy tweeking Frances :-)
  • Rikard
  • 127 posts
  • 3 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers