Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

publishing menu on left position moves content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hi there, just playing around and testing with zengrid 1.1 there's a question:
as soon as a module (here it's the extended menu, it's called "Kategorien") is published in the "left" position; the content, the bottom1 ... positions and the footer are moved to the right. I tried to fix this in the template options but didn't succeed, even replaced the params.ini with the one out of the quickstart package, different look, same behaviour.

Any ideas what's gone wrong?

t.
Attachments:
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
to make it clearer, see this screenshot, notice the shift to the right:
Attachments:
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Hi Tina,

Is this on your local computer or on a server we can see? Its hard to know without seeing the code.

Have you tried putting a different module there instead? That might indicate the extended menu module is causing the problem if so.

Viele Gruesse,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
thanks Jeremy,
currently local, I'm gonna set this up on a server to see what happens, will report then.

viele Gruesse :)

Tina
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
checked locally: it's not only the extended menu module,
no matter what I publish on left/right/center position, layout is out of boundaries.
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
[Solved] I must have disabled the "autoclean html code when saving" (or whatever it's named in english) feature in joomlas default editor some time ago. that must have caused the article text taking too much width and pushing stuff behind (in index.php order) the articles to the side. don't ask me why. I tried a couple of times with different templates, when I turn it on, everything is correct. the rhuk_milkyway was not affected, just several joomlabamboo and rockettheme templates.
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Thanks for reporting back Tina, glad to hear that it is working well for you now.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Yes, I know that feature. I recommend using JCE instead of the default, which gives Joomla a better content editor and helps to avoid such problems. Just a tip for the future!

Glad it was solved,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
thanks guys, I'm using jce on my main-site because of it's advanced link/image handling features, just beeing too lazy to install it in testing environment, now did so...
Have a nice weekend.
Tina
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers