Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How do I prevent the Grid module from showing beneath the opened article?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've set up two ZenGrids on this page: www.garageastdev.co.za/thunderbolt/index.php/our-news

One for featured articles and the other for the remaining articles. When I click on an article, the entire grid is still visible below the article. How do I prevent that?

I've set the grid to only show on the main menu item and not on the sub menus (where the articles are categorised) but it doesn't make a difference.
  • Garageast
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 270 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I think you may be running up against the itemid issue so I would test this by adding a hidden menu and adding category links for the content and see if the module assignment is then working

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey Paul,

Am I using the ZenGrid incorrectly then?

To explain the way I do it, if I want a menu to open a 'page' which is really just zengrid blocks, I create a blank article, link the menu item to that article and then set the zengrid to appear only in that menu item. It doesn't seem like the most practical way to do it though, so I'm sure I'm doing it wrong.
  • Garageast
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 270 posts
Hi

Without a menu item pointing to the articles or the category odd things happen with the loading of modules and pages

I'd test by adding a few blog links and see how it looks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers