Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Adding font families

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

It looks like I've finally got time to get to work on that Joomla site I've been planning to build, and I've decided to go with a ZG4 template for the site.

Since the site is going to be in Japanese, I need think about Japanese typography. I will be looking into the possibility of including some of the Japanese fonts that TypeKit now offers, but to keep the site light I'd also like to be able to specify a couple of standard Japanese font families to be used by the bulk of the text. And so my question:

Can I add those font families to the settings.xml file? Or should I just go with custom CSS?
  • Dominion
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Dominion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Template update wise I'd suggest using custom.css - loading a web standard font stack in the template settings and then target the font / div in the custom.css

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul ... I was wondering if modifying the XML wouldn't complicate updates, so your approach sounds like the best way to go.
  • Dominion
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 16 posts
No problem

Yes that was my main thinking

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers