Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Tools: how to set correctly URL in "Featured items" module, without Id article and category

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,
I've set correctly my zen module using the same configuration you set in your Featured Items module in Rasa2 Template.

Using external links all worked perfectly!!!

Now, when I publish a new article, the zen tools image is correctly visible in my home page, but clicking on it, the link ot the article linked is wrong, it gives an error 404

Working images links were like this one:
www.abcmaremma.it/news-offerte-e-iniziative-commerciali.html (put as external link, it works!)

Now, zen tools module, shows correctly an image in my home page, with the correct text on the right, but choosing ALL the same options of your demo template of Rasa2, it links to a wrong link:
www.abcmaremma.it/19-categoria-it-it/news-italiano/25-in-direzione-del-successo.html (this kind of link give a 404 error!)

ALL new articles have all the same problem, Zen Tools Grid Gallery show correctly in my home page images and text of the article, but linking to the article, it add

1) /category_name/ in url link
and also there's
2) Id of the article, in the url link

this 2 thing together create an error 404

ZenTools links works only if I set a list of external links (and don't change external link also deleting them)!

Any idea on how can I solve this?

It's really important to us solve this issue....

Thank you in advance, and thank you for your wonderful and powerful work!!!

Cheers

Ps. I'm working on a multi-languages Joomla 3.4 site.

Ps. 2 I've made a new module, Set correctly General Settings, Content Type Settings and so on, exactly on the same configuration of your Rasa2 Template.

It has the same problems of the other one.... Only old links now works correctly (in the first module I've put a external link, and changing configuration of the module, after I deleted external links, module still shows THE SAME external links

NOTE: I've also just cleaned my CACHE in Joomla, using Administrator panel, anch check again, the links are wrong in any case.

In my .htaccess file in my host (www.tophost.it) I set correctly my htdocs .htaccess , but there's is another .htaccess, outside my htdocs folder, file with 644 permissions: I can't see it, nor changing it, nor eliminate it!!!!!!

Can be here the problem?
  • Silvia Lupano
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 30 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Silvia Lupano.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I would make you links on the system pointing to articles or categories that module loads

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue

Try creating a hidden menu with links pointing to the 404 categories as described above in the article link

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silvia Lupano
Hi, how a quick response!!!

Then
1) I create a New Menu naming it: ItemID Fix -> OK!!!
2) created a new Item in "ItemID Fix" menu, given the name NEWS and edit it parameters putting Category Blog and Category I want to display on ZenTools (the same category that give me problems in my URL links) -> OK!!!
3) Done! Now my old and also new articles are correctly linked with as a title the same title: NEWS. I can edit this in Joomla.

Thank You, and have wonderful day!!! :laugh:
  • Silvia Lupano
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 30 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Silvia Lupano.
This is to fix the reloading of the home page when you click on certain article links

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers