Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Thoughts about Google AMP project?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am interested to hear thoughts about the recently announced AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) Project, that has strong support from Google.

As I understand it, the underlying idea is to provide a new spec that's a subset of HTML and CSS, and has some constraints on use of Javascript, in order to deliver a better UX for mobile users.

There has been some discussion on the Joomla developer email list about if Joomla core should support this or not, and if so what's the best way to do that.

I realize it's very early days for the AMP project, and to be honest I don't think anyone knows now if it will gain serious traction or not. Even so, I would be interested to hear what others think about it, including those on the JB team.

Thanks,

paul
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Paul,

I recall it came up in an internal conversation - I will check to see if it went any further

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers