Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Having feature article on frontpage change

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have the need to have the feature article on the front page change depending if the user is logged in or just viewing as public, have tried a few things and atm am using the redirect URL in the login, but this just pushes the one I don't want to see down the page.

Any suggestions greatly received and don't know if this comes under the framework capability or not. Have looked at the Joomla online documentation, but that does not really do what I am trying to do, would not of thought this was as difficult as it appears to be.

Cheers
  • zoldar
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 39 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Does changing the access level for the articles solve the issue?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Changing the access level can control the new article but does not remove the old article. As explained above, the best method found so far has been the redirect in the login module, but this also only pushes the old article down the page. The idea is to have one article replace the previous once logged in.

One for public viewing, one for registered users who have logged in.

Cheers
Jeff
  • zoldar
  • 39 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Jeff,

My understanding is that if you set an article to guest it wont show to logged in users and if you set it to registered it wont show to those that aren't logged in.
Is that what you tried before? Is this just Joomla content or is it content from a module?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I think what you are saying is what I want Anthony,

Public/Guest sees one joomla featured article on front page of site
Logged in user sees a different featured article in the same place on the frontpage and the other one that Public/Guest sees is gone.

Cheers
Jeff
  • zoldar
  • 39 posts
  • 2 Thanks
HI Jeff,

Are you all sorted now?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers