Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

hamburger menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul

I would like the word MENU next to the hamburger icon as i find there are to many people still not aware of the 3 vertical lines being a menu.
Has this been implemented already and if so where can i find it?
PS I found 1 topic on this issue but no answer.
Thx Cheers
Henk
  • Henk Noordam
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 43 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Henk,

Which template are you using and do you have a link for the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I am using multiple templates for the sites, eg Boost, Responsive Venture & Focus.
It is more a general question than a template related one.
The hamburger menu shows as it should on ipad held like a book but people do not understand the 3 lines being a menu, hence the desire to put the word menu before or after (as you have with your own site).

Cheers
Henk
  • Henk Noordam
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 43 posts
Hi Henk

All the templates you mention are zengridframework 4 based (assume responsive is responsive 2), then the hamburger menu is controlled in the template admin under the Menu tab > Off canvas > Offcanvas trigger text.

In that box by default is zenbars - /zenbars with curly brackets that gives the hamburger icon via zen shortcodes (which must be installed and enabled).

You can add Menu in front or behind the zenbars code, or remove the zenbars code to remove the hamburger icon. You must then save the template. In the guidance from JB they say "The offcanvas panel will display on a page if a module is published to the offcanvas module position or the navcollapse menu type is set to offcanvas."

Therefore you must have the menu navcollapse set to offcanvas, which if you are seeing the hamburger text you will have set correctly. One thing to consider is if you use "off-canvas" module position for things other than menus you would need to consider the text carefully as it would also show the hamburger and any text alongside the regular menu navigation on desktop screens to enable opening the off-canvas content (not the collapsed menu).

I hope that helps, Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Hi Ian,

it helped!
Things can be so simple if you just know how ;)

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend

Henk
  • Henk Noordam
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 43 posts
You're welcome, have a good weekend too!
Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian :)

Enjoy the weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers