Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Feedback on Zen Grid Framework V4

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

No problem I'll check to see where we are :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
hi there,

it was a reference to this post

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=619&id=113912&Itemid=215

as a follow up to here (www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=675&id=112530&Itemid=215)

asking if some features in PRESTO could become available for all templates.

hope I saved you time.
best
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, porwig
Thanks - I missed Anthony yesterday regarding this issue so will check later today

Thanks for the links :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I do not know the best way for you to do this but it seems to me that extending ZenTools to be a more advanced Gallery Manager might be better then creating a separate tool for Galleries like Presto. Just my 2 cents worth. I love Zentools!
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Thank you MaMuster for sharing those links - that answered my question. I am looking forward to see what will be included in ZenTools2!

I am really impressed by the commitment to experimentation and innovation that is taking place here, and also with the considerate and helpful way that JB team members consistently interact with users.
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
porwig wrote:
I am really impressed by the commitment to experimentation and innovation that is taking place here, and also with the considerate and helpful way that JB team members consistently interact with users.

You can say that again. I wholeheartedly agree!
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Thanks guys! (bow)

Re Zentools v2 - development has been put on hold for a lot longer than expected. The new framework got ahead of me there.

However my hope is that zentoolsv2 will be more like a gallery builder with a lot more flexibility in the interface and simplicity in the code. v1 gets the job done but is a bit of a beast.

v2 will handshake with the framework a lot better as well so it should be a lot faster and more powerful.

I think a lot of the stuff I put in Presto will be moved to Zentools rather than developing Presto further.

Thanks again guys!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney, porwig
Hi Anthony and Paul - I've used ZenGrid for a few projects now and am really liking it. We are currently building sites with both T3 and ZenGrid, and since the release of Responsive, using it more.

One thing I've been struggling with is accomplishing a layout with logo and navigation on one row, and would love to see some more options for that sort of layout.

Also, I would love to see more integrated support for Zenkit and K2.

Thanks!
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it

I'll pass that on

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Adding to the logo topic: I would really like (and my clients demand) a logo that doesn't disappear when the the pointer moves downscreen. If there were a way to lock the module into an 'affix' grouping, this would almost certainly and entirely meet the ideal.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Are you referring to Focus2 with the logo?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I think all the ZGF4 templates disappear the logo on scroll. Focus2 does the best, as the logo retains position using onepage click scrolling, but not on mousewheel scroll. (Seems OK on mobile.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
I would agree, with the option to put the logo and navigation on the same row, that entire row should be able to be "sticky."

To reiterate, this is important for many of our designs, and I'm not finding particularly easy to achieve using the layout/block system.

Thanks
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks Guys - I'll add this to our feedback

Anthony is away for the next couple of days but will get back to you as soon as he can

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey folks,

@Troy the logo and nav output is controlled pretty heavily by the layout files at the moment. My next step is to make this a bit more abstracted.

Along with @porwigs suggestions I'm working on a way to make them more flexible for desktop and phone layouts. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.

@David and @Troy - yep hadn't thought of that before actually. Will look at adding that to the next major release.

Thanks again!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Inquiring about whether there is progress on keeping the logo on the page? Some of my clients think this is the most important element on the page and I am having a hard time disabusing them of this notion. :whistle:
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Yes I know we are looking at it - will check when Anthony is online

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers