Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Tools - click image in a gallery to open PDF or external link

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am trying to create a gallery of photos using Zen Tools, so that when I click on the image on a web page, I am redirected to opening up a pdf, or an external link. By default, Zen Tools is set up so that when you click the image in the gallery, it opens up in a viewer. I am trying to avoid adding individual images to articles and then establishing links.
  • Brooke Thackray
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 58 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
What happens if you use external links at the link type in the module and point the link to the pdf file and set it to open in a new window?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am new to Joomla/t3. I am using the reVision template.
I have 80 pdf files that I want to link with images. The way I see it, is that Zen Tools acts as an aggregator and distributor. Zen tools does not allow me to access each image and relate it to a pdf. In theory, I could create an article for each image/pdf, but I was hoping for a more efficient solution using a gallery. As per your suggestion, I do not see a way to access a link type for a multiple number of images through a module.....am I missing something? Thx.
  • Brooke Thackray
  • 58 posts
ah

With that many images you may see problems related to memory usage on the hosting account and website page load speeds

My suggestion would require links for each file to be added to the zentools external link section - however it would be tricky with that number of files to match up the links to images

As normally you would name the files with a prefix

I'll ask the team tomorrow if they have any thoughts on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

Just to add in here Zentools is more for content delivery rather than aggregation. It sounds like a great idea but it's not possible at this stage.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooke Thackray

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers