Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zengrid Framework versions and updating templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My hosting servers have / are in the process of being upgraded to PHP 5.4 and mysql to 5.5 - I have 3x Responsive 1x lifestyle, 1x Corporate sites to upgrade to work on the new set up.
I'm confused about which Zengrid Framework(s) to apply to the template(s) - some of the changelogs even mention T3 and Zengrid Bridge - now I am lost.... is there a best method to apply and make everything work again? - how do I determine which Framework to use and which order - so sorry.

The ones that I have updated after server updates completed (lifestyle and one of the responsive ones) were showing a lot of errors and included errors about strict mode and line 32 on php - a previous forum post was to turn off error warnings in the global config.. it worked but does this not just hide the messages without a fix? or is that an ok thing to do.

Lots of questions - any pointers welcome!
  • Jimbaloo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 24 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm assuming you have akeeba backups all ready in place and working?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes they are all backed up thanks - to add to my fun I have a J1.5 running with Journal template and K2 - pretty sure this one will fail, this might take some more working out?
  • Jimbaloo
  • 24 posts
You need to list the plugins used otherwise you could get in a pickle

Responsive comes as Zgf V2 and T3 - if you open up the template it will be quickly clear

Lifestyle is zgfv2

Journal is only 1.5 at the moment

Corporate comes as zgfv2 and zenbridge - you need to check which is used by opening the template
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
zgfv2 = Zen grid framework 2

Journal is Zen grid framework 1.1

Error wise it depends really - but strict tags will trigger warnings and notices with extensions, components and plugins

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul
The Responsive(s) are zgfv2, Lifestyle is also zgfv2, Corporate I am going to build fresh, lets leave this one.
Plugins are all yours except one or two - jbtype,zentools,simple image gallery exteneded,akeebax2 ,and a google maps one that i need to track down/swap with your new maps plugin.
The Journal one - can I update the J1.5 element to J2.5/3 but drop journal in favour of a newer one supporting the newer framework?... is that even a solution?

really appreciate your help
Jim
  • Jimbaloo
  • 24 posts
You could update the site content and add a new template - although you would want to do this locally rather than on a live host

Any Joomla migrations to new Joomla versions would be best done off line

You would also need to remove the existing framework - the zgfv1.1 framework is a template.

The zgfv2 templats are all Joomla 2.5

Lifestyle is shortly to go to zgfv3 - not quite sure exactly when

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers