Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Automatically scrolling down to content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am using 3 zen tools modules one on top of the other(one for each category) as clickable category grids linked to articles.
they are placed above the content section
When the user clicks on the picture the right article loads below. the problem is that since the three modules take quite a bit of space in the page the user has to then scroll down to be able to read the article.
Is there a way that the page can scroll down automatically upon clicking the the picture so that the article is at the top of the page?
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Can you use anchor names attached to the pic?
so when clicked it jumps to the right area?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argos
Thank you for your quick answer, I can set up an anchor named start at the begining of all the articles.
how can I configure the zentools module to after loading the content add the #start link?

to load the articles I am clicking on a picture generated by zentools grid module.
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Hi,

Why don't you remove the modules on those pages?

If you can't remove the modules then it sounds like a problem with menu item id's
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
I am new, so I am probably missing something very basic...

I put the modules on the page myself.
have various products to showcase on the page.
for each product there is an article. each article has a leading picture.

I use zentools as a way to select each product (12 in total).
I divided them into three categories, so I used 3 zentool modules in grid configuration.
that part works great the images look good and get generated automatically from the articles, when clicked, the right article with the product description loads up as part of the zentool funcionallity.

I dont know how to set up the module to besides loading the right article, also go to a predefined anchor

if I add it to the image with an <a href="#star"><the imagetag></a> would the module be smart enough to pick it up?
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Argos.
If there is a way I could configure zentools to open the content in a diferent page of my web, that would also work, I could remove the modules from that page...

can that be configured?
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Hi,

Modules are assigned to menu items.

If a page has no menu item, then a link to it will open using the same menu id as the page it was linked from and show the same modules.

In order to remove the modules from the pages your module links to, those pages either need to have a menu item or the category they belong to needs to have one.

If you read the link I gave it will tell you in more detail how to fix it. It is a lot easier than trying to get the page to scroll down to the content on page load.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Argos
Thank you, I did not know I could assign a category to a menu item, I will try it now
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
Worked!
Thank you very much for your help

just by having a menu item that displays that category it opens in that page instead.

I can now add the modules at the bottom in that page, so they can still navigate without having to go back.

For now problem solved!
if anybody knows of an easy way to do the scrolling to an anchor from zentools that would be great
  • Argos
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 41 posts
I think you would need to use the external links option and enter the links manually with th#linkid on the end.

Best of luck with the site.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers