Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen grid does not work in IE7!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I recently migrated my site to Joomla 3 and previously had zen grid installed and in use on my 1.5 website. Everything worked great across browsers.

Since updating to Joomla 3 and downloading the latest version of zen tools, I've noticed that i cannot get the grid view to work in internet explorer 7.

It displays the thumbnails correctly and allows me to sort fine, but when I click on the thumbnail or titles, nothing pops up, nothing happens.

I really like the way that the zen grid functions, and would like to know of a solution
  • Schubert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can I just check do many of your users use IE7 - think world wide the stats are less than 1%

People like Google no longer support IE7 and we followed their lead - so also I'm afraid we no longer support it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just an example

theie7countdown.com/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We tend to get a decent number of users accessing the site using older versions of IE (both seven or eight).

I don't quite understand why this functionality wouldn't work in IE7, because javascript and light/shadow boxes are pretty backwards compatible.
  • Schubert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
I'll check with the developer regarding this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you, I very much appreciate any help on this issue!
  • Schubert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
No problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

Talking to the developer the script we use for the lightbox and a few other bits and pieces doesn't support Ie7

Given the difficulties we had with IE8 and its various issues I'm afraid we can't offer support for IE7

I'm sorry this is the case but given its age its not a good use of our resources - given IE11 is looming as well

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers