Support Forum

• Page:

EasySQL broke admin

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am attempting to make some security updates to my sites, so after watching the lynda.com videos I installed easysql to change the jos_ prefix, the first error I got when I attempted to do this was "Could not writable config file", so I thought, ok, go to control panel (in my hosting account) and change permissions to write.

I changed configuration.php to 755 and then back in joomla easysql interface changed the database prefix to ace_, when I clicked the insert command in easysql, the page came back with a 500 Internal Server Error that also says "Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.". I FTP'd my configuration.php and the database tables still say jos_, I also checked phpMyAdmin and its all jos_. The front end of the site is still working but I have no admin now, iwebresults.com/seraphim/administrator/index.php any ideas? I also changed the permissions back to 644, Thanks Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Carin,

Sorry I dont have any experience of easy sql.

If you have a backup of the site I would just do a search and replace and pop it into the database. Its hard to know whats happened from easysql in the database but sounds like something went awry.

So basically I would:

1. grab the backup and open in a text editor.
2. Find replace jos_ with ace_
3. Import the new sql into the database
4. Change the prefix in the configuration file.

That should work now.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony, thank you for your response, I was still working on the site, in fact finishing it up and had not made a backup!! In phpmyAdmin, every table is jos_,

Can you suggest a resource who might be able to identify the file that is not allowing admin to display, because the front end works, then I can just ftp it out and change it, thanks, Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Sure I guess I would check the permissions on the administrator/ folder and also check the paths in the configuration file.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks again for your help Anthony, permissions in administration are all ok and so are paths in configuration.php, its a mystery any other ideas where I can look? Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Got it, the permissions were 775 they should have been 755, I was reading them too hasty, its fixed!!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
:S Thanks for the help!!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Cool I thought it might be something like that :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers