Support Forum

• Page:

Need Designer to build our Newstream site

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

As stated in post, we are looking to make some changes to an existing Joomla template, Newstream (see link below). I have listed the types of general changes we will be looking to make.

We have a temporary site (link below) that gives a general idea of what we would like to do. Note that this temporary site does not reflect SEVERAL extensions/plugins we will need on our permanent site.

I think I may have understated the importance of K2 for this project as I think that is where we are going to get our best features and additions. K2 comes with the template.

OVERVIEW OF CHANGES - for the most part we will keep general layout of Newstream Demo Site

Template Structure / Layout / Visuals
minor changes in template appearance: color, font, decorative details removed...
modifying front page to reflect more of our temporary site
custom menu with pull downs
template set ups of categories/sections.....

Sidebar Additions - some to be activated as needed
Poll/Vote module (template has)
Contest - enter to win (must capture contact info)
Banner Placeholder(??) for Advertising
“Featured” article place holder
“Latest” ____ post (blog or other)
Member SignUp/Log in
Follow Us - our social sites

User Based Features
Directory - user able to post
Events - user able to post
Project - user able to post
FFA Social Network - customize like a Joomsocial

** overview of how to maintain site; add content, categories, photos ....

USEFUL LINKS

Current Future Friendly Arts Site: www.futurefriendlyarts.com

Joomla Newstream Template Overview: www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/newstream-news-magazine-template

K2 Site: getk2.org

We would like to get started on this project right away and are accepting general bids over the next week. We are happy to provide you with any additional information if needed.

Sincerely,

Laura Kastner
  • thecommune
  • Previous Member
  • 10 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Laura,

Something you may find greatly improves your chance of getting sensible offers of professional help is providing an indication of your available budget.

I find that it helps to set some expectations on both sides, and prevents some fruitless correspondence.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers