Support Forum

• Page:

TimeLine Extension based on SIMILE

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Are the developers of JoomlaBamboo interested in developing a Timeline extension for Joomla?

Is anybody else following this forum interested?

What I would really like to see is Joomla 1.5 module that could display a timeline based on the created date (or modified date) of content articles. The time line would create thumbnails (options) of the first image in an article and take the title and display them on the time line like this: www.simile-widgets.org/timeline/examples/compact-painter/compact-painter.html - It is important to see that there is a fine control "daily" timeline above a faster "monthly" timeline

Clicking on an individual title or thumbnail shows a tooltip type intro of the main article, with the ability to follow the "read more" link to go to the main article.

I have developed a number of websites that have been used as blogs and diaries for recoding family events. These sites make great use of picture galleries, especially the type where the thumbnails are created from the pictures stored in a particular folder. The Timeline extension would make it much easier to find particular galleries quickly. (It would be a little like the timeline feature in Picassa.)

The Timeline module would also need the double (or even treble) timeline facility for quickly dragging through months or years.

Further extensions to the idea would be to specify which Sections / Categories to display in the module settings, colour code different Sections / Categories, and restrict the Timeline's output to a particular date range.

A Timeline was created for Joomla 1.0 some time ago, but I don't believe it is under development now - (old.nabble.com/Timeline-for-Joomla-v1.0.1-td14516479.html).

Another Timeline extension is available for Joomla! 1.5 (demo.artetics.com/index.php?option=com_arttimeline&timelineid=1) but it does not generate thumbnails and does not appear to have the double (treble) timeline facility.

If anybody is interested in developing this extension, please make contact with me to discuss the idea ad specifications.

I look forward to hearing from somebody.
  • Anthony Charlton
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 40 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers