Support Forum

• Page:

Need Custom Contact Component

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

The contact component that comes with Joomla or any others that I have found are lacking in that you can't have sub-categories and sub-sub categories. I need this for my content module and I can't find one that does this. Is there anyone that can "fix" something like this and how much to do so?
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I wonder if you could co opt K2 into doing this for you. Not sure you can but might be wortha try.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Not real sure what K2 is? I guess I better get to reading! Thanks!
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
Oh, says K2 is for content, not contact
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
True :)

What about using something like RS Forms. No idea if it does categories but you can generate multiple forms and perhaps have a form for each contact. Time consuming but certainly possible.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Going to check that out now. Thanks as always!
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
Seems I have stumbled upon my answer. It appears that SOBI2 (found at the joomla extensions directory) is going to be what solves my problem. How did I miss it before? Oh, well....
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
Cool! Let us know how it works out for you.

Seen it myself but never used it, so any experience would be well received here.

B)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
So far it's turning out to be a very nice little component! I'm loving how it will allow you to have sub categories and sub-sub categories. If you want to monitor how it's coming along you can do so here:

www.up-link.net/citygrid under "home>test listing"

I'm sure it will change quite often as I set it up but so far so good. I always make walkthroughs for my customers when I setup their Joomla's for them so they can do their own editing and I'll make one of this component to add to my walkthroughs as well, so if anyone ever needs one, I'll have it soon!

BTW, it's very customizable which is fantastic!
  • Susan Hastings
  • Previous Member
  • 108 posts
Hello,
I agree with Anthony that RS Forms can do this for you. I have used RS Forms and like it.

Another really great one to look at is JForms, which is free, has a very intuitive design, and is created by a very smart and friendly coder. If you go into his forum, you'll even see some comments from me there! The more I use it, the more I prefer JForms for this kind of thing.

Here's a link: jforms.mosmar.com/

Of course, with either RS Forms or JForms, you'll create the form rather than having to use pre-existing ones. When you create something like this yourself, you can make it just what you want.

Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
i never try RSform before, but i did try to made a custom contact and another form with ChoroForm, but still dunno how to integrated that component with virtuemart or tienda :(
  • Robin Tan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 42 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Have you asked the rsForm people how to do this?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello,
It's been a while since I last posted in this discussion.

In the time that has gone by, I've switched to using RSForm Pro for my site forms. I've used it to create all kinds of interactive forms, including a custom log-in and registration form, which has been terrific!

Also, the people at RSForm Pro are excellent at technical support.

I'm so happy with them, I put together a five-star review (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/4964#rev-89942)

I recommend taking out a license with RSForm Pro, giving it a try. If you have any questions, just ask them.

Thanks,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers