Support Forum

• Page:

JTeets Have Vanished

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have had jTweet installed and running on the testing server for a few weeks. It was working fine showing my four most recent tweets (I was using a query to grab the ones I wanted to display). At some point all the tweets vanished and I wasn't able to get them back. As I developed some more on the site the list repopulated with four new tweets. We are live now and suddenly the same thing happened. I was only showing one tweet and then today none at all.

I read that sometimes retweets can mangle things in the sense that retweets get counted towards our 4 showing but they do not display. We posted a new tweet to our account today but it is still not showing up.. so I am really not sure why nothing is working today.

Right now it is set to:
Display: Your Tweets
twitter username: 44wide

previously I had
Display: Twitter Query
Query: 44wide

I've searched the forum and I see a few posts with tweets not showing but I am not having any luck finding an answer leading to a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

site can be seen at www.44wide.com

**Reading through another similar post, I'll add that I have the module set to Display Replies: Yes
  • labiere
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by labiere. Reason: Added more info at the bottom
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Looks like Modalizer is including another reference to jquery. Can you set that to not include it? If not then you will need to enable the unique jquery option int he JB Library settings.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Will uninstalling Modalizer do the same? It was installed and then I realized we were not going to use it

I should add though that the issue with only showing 1 of the last 4 tweeets was happening a day before I installed modalizer.
  • labiere
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Uninstalled Modalizer and that mostly did the trick. I seem to not be able to see tweets older than a certain one now, but I have three of 4 showing so I am happy - hopefully when I tweet again my 4th one will appear.
  • labiere
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Yes sometiems there are issues with the twitter api where some tweets get lost.

Let us know if the next tweet doesnt show up.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers