Support Forum

• Page:

Jtweet only seems to load with 2 usernames, not 3

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've installed jtweets and the library plugin as well.

The module works great with 2 user names attached to the plugin, but when add a 3rd twitter username, it no longer works. It is completely blank with 3. After reading the forums, I thought it might be related to the fact that the 3rd username hadn't tweeted anything before, so I added a tweet on that account about 2 hours ago, but still no success when I add it.

Any help is much appreciated!
  • Mike Mckisson
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mike,

There can be odd issues with caching and timing of tweets using the twitter api. The recent update solves this issue for when you display using the user id but when displaying multiple users it uses the search api and can be a little temperamental. Try putting in three active users that you know have tweeted recently to see if that works.

What userid's are you using?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've actually got 4 of 5 usernames working. The one that seems to be problematic is @BorderBeatRptr2.

borderbeat, BorderBeatRptr1, BorderBeatRptr3 and BorderBeatRptr4 all seem to work.
  • Mike Mckisson
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
I went to twitter's search function and it isn't displaying the tweet from the account that wasn't working. I'll add another tweet or two to try to get it to show up.
  • Mike Mckisson
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Hi Mike,
Did that sort it out?
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Well I've sent several tweets from that account and haven't yet gotten twitter to show them in the search function.

So until they do, I've just left that username out of the stream, but it is clear that it isn't a Jtweet issue, but rather a twitter issue.

I appreciate your help!
  • Mike Mckisson
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Thanks for confirming that Mike - sometimes its hard to tell whats going on especially with the twitter api.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I'm having trouble getting more than one twitter user to display, I'm guessing my syntax between the account names is the issue, but thought it is just a comma. e.g. areheartland,edgarcayceARE

I can get one or the other to display, but not both. (Sorry, a newbie question, I know.)

Here's the website, still under development:

refresh.areheartland.com
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Stanton Bond.
Hi Stanton

It is just a comma and a space: username1, username2, username3

Make sure to fill out the same in Twitter Query

Try to make a new tweet in bout Twitter accounts and i guess the tweets are showing on the page right away.

Rikard
  • Rikard
  • 127 posts
  • 3 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers