Support Forum

• Page:

jTweets 1.02 not showing in website (joomla 1.5)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Unfortunately, this seems not to be the issue. I'm wondering if it is a styles issue? If the source seems to be a-ok, could it be that the module content is not rendering because it needs the module to be of a certain width?

No other twitter module seems to work on the site either, whether on my production machine at home or the live server (above linked). I'd think that it would be an issue with jQuery, but my other jQuery-based modules work fine (such as the login screen). I tried to have the plugin load jQuery from google, to see if that helped, but to no avail.
  • Torin
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Torin,

It look slike its because you have another script calling mootools after jQuery. I think its in the template's index.php file so you will need to edit that for the page to work.

You just need to remove this line:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I'm dependent on mootools for a few of the other modules I'm using, so I can't remove it. Do you know if there is a way to force jQuery into compatibility with mootools or to alter the order of loading?

You guys seem to be the only game in town, as none of the other twitter modules work after twitter's API update. :P
  • Torin
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Hi Torin,

JTweet already does this. If you look in the source you will see mootools right before the jQuery reference. The jTweet module basically triggers the core Joomla version of Mootools. It would be there anyway unless your template references mootools in a particular way but anyway the second instance is not needed for the template to work and if you remove it then jTweet will work.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hi Torin,

It look slike its because you have another script calling mootools after jQuery. I think its in the template's index.php file so you will need to edit that for the page to work.

You just need to remove this line:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>

Thanks Anthony

I think this is my problem as well, but I do not have mootools being called in my template header. I think it's loading from some core configuration.

Any ideas where that's coming from?
  • Morgan
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Hi Morgan - got a link?

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Unfortunately I need to get this site live so I'll have to turn off jTweet for the moment. It's breaking a few other things that call jquery.js.
  • Morgan
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Hi yes jQuery should only be called once. Happy to take a look when you have a chance.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers