Support Forum

• Page:

Jtweets not showing?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My tweets are no showing. My website is www.cornerstonelapuente.com
I am using sh404sef, is Jtweet not compatible with that component? It use to work but for the past week nothing
  • mike
  • JB Pro
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mike,

Look slike its working for me here on ff on a mac.

Did you fix this?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
it's working now
  • mike
  • JB Pro
  • 4 posts
What was the issue?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I have the same problem.
Tested with FF, IE, Safari and Chrome, all thesame: suddenly the tweets are gone.
No change to the site. Will see if they return later (?) like above mentioned but it's a very irritating problem.
  • Andre Martin
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
Hi Andre,

I really need a link to be able to help you. What things have you changed oin the site recently? Do other accounts display correctly - such as joomlabamboo?

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Guys,

About a month ago I had the same issue, tweets didnt display and then returned to normal after 4 or 5 days.

Then a month later, last Wednesday Twitter didnt display all 3 tweets on my site, only displayed one and at times none. Then after 3 days displayed all 3 going back to normal.

From my observations it seems as though Twitter has some sort of outages at times, however my issues (4 days of outages) havnt been long enough to contact Twitter directly to seek an explanation.

Also previous posts have said they are not seeing their Tweets (Northern hemisphere members) on their sites yet when others go to view (Southern hemisphere members)they are able to see them.

Not making any definative answers on this just stating my observations.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
It's loaded in the page's head section but the module itself is not doing any output other than the "Follow us" button/link.

I remember now what I "changed" although I didn't check for Jtweet's status right after that: I upgraded Joomla to 1.5.13 and 1.5.14.
  • Andre Martin
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
I'm having the same problem, ... www.seanhooper.com/main then look in the "Twitter" Slide. It shows the "Follow me on Twitter" link, but nothing else. I'm running Joomla 1.5.9 with the Vision 2.0 temptlate...
  • Sean Hooper
  • 17 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sean,

Thats actually a slightly different error. You need to install the JB LIbrary plugin and then remove the reference to the JB Library in the template's index.php file.

That will sort it for you. Im going through the older templates to make them compatible with new releases of out modules.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ok, it turns out that for me it all works well *if* I put in any other Twitter account than the one intended.

joomlabamboo or whatever else works fine, even no matter the characters used. But using "frontpeers" will result in nothing shown, no matter the module set to 1 or multiple tweets. Just empty after a brief "Loading tweets..." message.

How could that be?
  • Andre Martin
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
Hey Andre,

The module will display whatever is returned by Twitter Search. I've seen this problem occurring with other accounts and then fixing itself.
Gremlins in Twitter.
search.twitter.com/search?q=frontpeers
Might be worth seeing what support twitter has for this.
Of course I've assumed that frontpeers is your twitter username.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Same for me, it was working well until friday then noting no tweets are displayed now. For your information, I didn't change anything on my site, no upgrade. If you have any information, will be great.
  • Edouard Boisset
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 7 posts
Twitter Search doesn't show the stream either, only results from others mentioning the same name.
If this is a common problem, would it be possible to add an alternative or another (replacing) method to fetch?
  • Andre Martin
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
Hey Andre,

The script just utilizes the Search API services that Twitter provides. Currently the issue is with twitter search. I tweaked the search string to search for tweet from your username but nothing is returned.
From my experience this is normally a temporary glitch in Twitter.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Ok, thanks a lot for looking into it, I appreciate it.

I don't like using RSS for this particular feature, Jtweets is a perfect fit. I'll wait a bit and see if time solves the issue.

Generally, this is a good lesson for those who rely their business on such a (Twitter) use. It highlights easy to be missed problems and that one should consider backup plans if it doesn't work out.

Off-topic, one could argue that Twitter is not to be basing a business on anyway, as seen with a friend's account which constantly lost the entire followers list. (such a thing can drive you crazy)
  • Andre Martin
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
Hi Guys,

If you read the Twitter Blog it will explain the problems it has been experiencing due to a series of attacks...

blog.twitter.com/

Also you can check Twitter Status blog and see if they are experiencing problems.

status.twitter.com/page/2

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers