Support Forum

• Page:

JTweet

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Neil Sloan wrote:
Neil in Scotland,

Chiming in... able to view yours three tweets (aka frameforum.org) no problems here... running Safari & Firefox!

Neil from OZ

I'm baffled...not getting anything in Safari, IE8, Firefox or Chrome - on my Vista-driven laptop, at least. :(
  • neilwheel
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
JR,

You bet me to the punch!

Glad it seems to have rectified. Keep us posted of any other glitches you may have. It seems obvious to say having a tweet link on the front end of a site is almost mandatory.

Later

Neil
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Thanks Neil. I really think it was Twitter inactivity. I had not made any Tweets for a few days on either account and as soon as I updated, the modules started working a few minutes later (it wasn't instant, but about 5 min) and only 1 Tweet is showing up now, even though I have it set to show more tweets, so I think it is inactivity.
  • Jesus Rodriguez
  • Previous Member
  • 29 posts
No probs JR

Let's keep the experiences in mind. Perhaps caching???

All the best!
  • Neil Sloan
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Good to see how this all works folks - I think there may have been some caching issues that created these issues. Ill keep an eye on it to see if the issue starts to become more apparent.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've been asking people in different parts of the world and on different servers if there are tweets appearing on my install, and all are saying its working - but I can't get anything on my own personal set-up! I've had a few glitches spring up in the past with my server co. (Lunarpages) - I think there's some kind of PHP and Apache conflict going on, but I've never been able to figure it out; all that stuff is beyond me.

All I can say is what's been reported back to me; yes, it does work and looks very cool according to those who are seeing it in all its glory. I think its time my home page had a makeover, so I'm glad I found JoomlaBamboo as the look and feel of the templates you produce is right up my street - the best I've seen so far.

Keep up the good work guys,

Neil in Scotland.
  • neilwheel
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
Hi Neil,

It sounds liek it might even be a dns issue. Have you recently changed the dns? I recall; a few times moving sites that lagged for more than a week on my machine but not anyone elses. Thought i was going nuts.

Glad you like what we do here :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony,

I don't know much about DNS things, but I'll look into it. I've been with the same hosting company for about 18 months now and been unable to get a few things working, like refresh on my forum (not overly concerned) and I think there may be a connection. It could be because I'm logged into Twitter via Tweetdeck that's causing the conflict. I'll mess around with that later. Right now I'm drooling over 'Canvas' and trying to figure out how easy/difficult it would be to match its look in a SMF-based theme....:P
  • neilwheel
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
Hmm yes the dns will only be an issue if you have just moved it but might be wirth checking with the host if the caching issue is somehow caught up with incorrect dns zoning.

I dont think tweeting from tweetdeck will be the issue. You may even need to clear the cache from your ip but thats another long shot - good luck with it.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello,

Sorry to wade in on this topic... it still seems to be active.

This is my first post, so hello to everyone on the forum!

I have been having very similar problems to those that have posted here. Installed the JB library plug in as well as the Jtweet module. The icon and follow me on twitter link seem to work fine but none of the tweets are displaying...

Any help would be much appreciated.

The site can be found here

www.shift-learning.co.uk

Thanks in advance!
  • Helene Moran
  • Free Extensions
  • 1 posts
Hi Helene,

I tried searching for tweets from the username ShiftLearning (also tried lowercase) and twitter does not return anything. The JTweet module works on Twitters searchAPI and is depends on the information given by Twitter. In your case twitter isn't returning any results which seems to be a common problem with new accounts.
search.twitter.com/search.json?&q=from:'shiftlearning'
The url return JSON data and you can view it in a basic text editor. You will see how no result sets are returned by Twitter.

I am currently working on the next JTweet module which should use the RestAPI from Twitter and this promises to perform better in most cases but the application are all ultimately reliant on Twitter for the results :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
I'm having the same problem with JTweet. Ihave that and the JB Library installed (both latest versions) and the only thing that shows up is the "follow me" link. I don't believe it is a problem with the tweets not being updated often enough, because my client tweets regularly.

Here's an interesting thing though.... Originally, I loaded the new Avanti Template and the tweet stream was working fine. Later, I had to change to a different template for the client... something from another company, and then the JTweet stopped working.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled both the JTweet and JB Library, but it still doesn't work.

Here's the link: edmonds.brandeeborror.com (Tweet Stream is at the very bottom, middle.)

Have any ideas on how to get it working?

Thank you!
Brandee
  • Brandee Borror
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 85 posts
Hey Brandee,

The tweets aren't working on the site because you have JQuery being loaded twice on there.
If your template has JQuery loading, try disabling it. It might be another module loading it as well.
You might try disabling jQuery in JB Library as well to see if that works.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
How do i use this plugin?

I installed it, enabled it, entered my Twitter username and all i get on my website is this:

There's this blue bird with a text box "more info...!"

What did i do wrong?
  • tray parker 3rd
  • Free Extensions
  • 1 posts
Have you installed and activated the JBLibrary plugin?

JTweet won't work without it.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers