Support Forum

• Page:

JB Maps appears in Safari and IE 8, but not FF

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Why would a JB map not appear in Firefox? (a map using a contact enhanced method does appear in FF)

j4.xyonet.com dev site
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK folks, listen and learn. I had published the map to an advert position. I have AdBlock Plus running in FF, and the advert positions are blocked! The map appeared as soon as I published to a different position.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thanks David.

Framework templates have this fixed. Im yet to go and fix this in the older themes. Thanks for the reminder.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I have an even worse problem:

When I publish jbmaps in an Organica template slider, everything works fine in Chrome, but it completely prevents the site from displaying (blank page) in FF (Ubuntu 10.04 & OSX), Opera (Ubuntu) and even Safari (OSX) (I haven't tried IE yet)

The problem seems to revolve around the Google API: I've tried Gmapz instead of jbmaps and the result is the same - except it doesn't work in Chrome either, and in all cases the browser says it's waiting for Google.

This isn't critical for me since at this point I can simply use a picture instead of an interactive map, but I thought you'd like to know.
  • leridan
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
Thanks for that.

JB Maps is in need of a thorough rewrite but I cant give you an eta on that.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers