Support Forum

• Page:

blank screen when trying to install an extension

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

Had a look around the existing threads but couldn't solve this one...

I'm building a site using avanti and have successfully added some extensions, but yesterday when i came back to the site... when i now try and install anything, it flicks to a blank screen instead of giving the installation successful message. I've checked and the extensions haven't been installed..

Not sure if this helps but its running on PHP5... can anyone think why this might have started happening?

Thanks for the help

Jake
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jake,
Sounds odd. Can you switch on error reporting int he global configuration to tell us what the error is.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
putting in some hours aren't you anthony. its normally me working into the night when you're online...

I forgot about this bit of it... i tried to turn the errors on and it wont let me switch to the system or server tab in global configuration... is it like a file has been deleted or something to stop installs working and prevent me accessing these areas of the back end....

very strange as it was working originally. Its a relatively new install so i think im going to start again. i'll transfer the edits to the theme.css i've made and the images i've added, and i should be straight....

unless you can suggest anything, but no worries if not...
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Hi Anthony,

I have reinstalled the quickstart pack and started again, as I said... wasn't far in so not that big a problem.

Cheers anyway
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Cool thanks jake :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers