Support Forum

• Page:

(Jquery?) conflict with Joomla 1.6 Template Styles

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Working on a site which uses 1.6's template styles to alter styling for different areas of the site. I'd installed jTweet, and therefore JB Library - thereafter all pages revert to using the default template style, rather than that which is assigned to them.

Disabling JB Library gets the templates styles working the way they ought to once again (but of course breaks jTweet). In my very limited knowledge this looks like some kind of jquery conflict... but it's tricky to find out more about exactly how the Joomla 1.6 template styles system works, and how it requires jquery - if at all.

Fiddling with the JB LIbrary config (eg. 'no-conflict') doesn't seem to help - only disabling the plug-in altogether.

Any ideas? URL is www.active.gaelic4parents.com
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

The only error I see on your site is in the style switching script itself:

container is null
www.active.gaelic4parents.com/templates/beez_20/javascript/md_stylechanger.js
Line 66

AFAIK, this should have no reliance on jQuery as the template only loads mootools. If this definately only occurs when jQuery is activated though it would certainly seem to point the finger at JB Library. Perhaps try setting a different (newer) version of jQuery.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Sorry, javascript is not my strong point. I will ask Anthony or Jason to take a look also.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thats a strange one.

Can you try changing the version of jQuery in the JB Library plugin to something more recent. See if that fixes it.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yeah, I tried most of the jQuery versions available in the JB Library settings already, and no dice. Also tried enabling/disabling no-conflict, and other permutations of the settings... bah.

I'm not clever enough with Javascript to really have a go at looking at the 'container is null' issue you're referring to in the stylechanger script, but could see if I can pursue that matter in one way or another...

...any other ideas? Your help is hugely appreciated, not least because jTweet is one of the best twitter display mods I've found and I'd really like to use it (and have already put a fair bit of time into styling it!) - but Joomla 1.6's style-switching feature's something I have to go with. I'd really like to get them to work together.
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Ventilator,

I'm currently looking over your site and do not see any issues that you spoke about in your earlier posts. Where you able to resolve them and if so, what corrections did you make?

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Each section (accessible via top menu tabs) should use a different Joomla 1.6 template style. This doesn't happen right now, but if I disable JB Library it does. I'll disable JB Library right now (which will stop jTweet from working) so that you can see the difference.

Let me know when you've seen this, and I'll enable JB Library again.

Thanks once more for looking at this
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Any ideas, folks? If it gives any clues, I've just found that disabling JB Library also stops Maxi Menu CK for Joomla!1.6 from working properly (on the home page only)...
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
That may point to a jQuery conflict with that extension then, try disabling that and see what happens.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Er... nope. Tried disabling Maxi Menu CK and enabling JB Library, and the template styles stop working. Aagh.
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
We prob need login details to troubleshoot this further. It's not something we have come across so may be quickest way to just get access to your site. We have a ticket system for logging confidential details but since you aren't a member can you dm me the details.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
OK, I'll do that. Ah - how do I DM you without being a subscriber?
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Ventilator.
You could email design (at) joomlabamboo (dot) com (dot) au
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Did you get my email? Very keen to get this resolved...
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
No sorry I havent received the email.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've resent to design (at) joomlabamboo (dot) com (dot) au - and I've cc'd to design (at) joomlabamboo (dot) com (just for good measure!)
  • Ventilator
  • JB Pro
  • 8 posts
:laugh: Pretty sure has covered it then.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers