Support Forum

• Page:

JB Library Install Error due to: JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Running joomla 1.5.3 I've been unable to install the module JB Library Plugin (JB_jblibrary_J1.5_1.2.9)

I have been able to install other modules OK (eg the JB_JFlickr_J1.5_v1.1.4). But when trying to install JB Library it reports:

It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: C:\Inetpub\portalroot\tmp\install_4d81e542a5c4e\media\plg_jblibrary\helpers to C:\Webserver\webroot\portal\media\plg_jblibrary\helpers

any idea what is wrong?
  • peterbrown05
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Peter,

Are you able to install other extensions? Did you really mean 1.5.3? Latest is 1.5.22 - perhaps try upgrading first to see fi that fixes it.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
strangely I have found it did install; and have subsequently got things working.

that error message persists though and I dont udnerstand what it means. But; since things are working then I guess its not something to worry about.

I did mean 1.5.3 btw; this is the JOOMLA version rather than the JB module version.

thanks for your help, an odd one,

peteB
  • peterbrown05
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
If that is your Joomla version you really should update.

1.5.3 was released April 2008, so I would not be surprised to find bugs in it. The current version is 1.5.22.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers