Support Forum

• Page:

"unable to find install package" error when trying to install updated modules

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

B) Maybe this is a joomla or hosting server question, but I can't install anything now that my site has moved to a remote server. I can FTP files and no problem uploading images but I get an error when I use the extension manager in the administrator set up.

There was a "tmp"folder that it seemed to be installing into when I had the joomla site on MAMP, but I changed the path to that file and don't know how to change the path to the new tmp folder. Do I need that? Is there a simple answer?
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

You can set the path to the tmp folder under:

site > global configuration > server > Path to Temp-folder
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thank you, but I don't get it. Sorry. That's my problem, I don't know how to write it. I'm not supposed to use those > marks am I?

Is it an absolute link starting with http:// and my url or a link the server uses that seems to be to be written backwards, or would it just be "/tmp" or "../tmp" to get one step back from where I am? But I don't know where I am.

I need to see a sample of how it's written. Would you be able to mock one up?

The link to my site right now is joomla.mainefiberarts.org

Thanks. Ever hopeful.

Carol
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Oh, I know what the > marks are. I get what you mean. I went there to delete the old reference to my folder on my MAMP set up before I moved the site. It's the path I can't figure out how to write. Not where to write it.
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi there,

A quick way to do this is to check out the configuration file that you may have on any other sites on the server. or you can use a script like this absolute path script to find the absolute path on your server.

bogdan.org.ua/2007/04/30/how-to-find-absolute-path-on-a-web-server-using-php.html

Also your cpanel should also have the absolute path in the overview after you have logged in.

Hope this helps,

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Actually, it turned out to be easier, I guess since I had deleted the old stuff that used to refer to MAMP, since my configuration file was correct, somehow it all got filled in correctly and magically once I had logged back in after a few hours break. Meanwhile I did find the tmp folder referenced in the path information when I went to my ftp program and read the configuration file. I have now installed all the updates I needed, everything was easy.

I will now see if my other question(s) are answered.

Thank you for your help.

Carol
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Ok thanks.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers