Support Forum

• Page:

Including IE7 in the IE6 warning plugin

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is it possible to extend the IE6 warning to include IE7 as well...I am not a fan of IE7 and the problems I am continually ironing out with margins etc.

Ideally I would like to have the IE6 warning to also come up when an IE7 user logs on to the site. Where can I change this?

Cheers,

Andy
  • Andy Smith
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Andy,

I like your style. I think I might do that myself! Now I haven't tested this, but may be as simple as just altering the following file:

/plugins/system/jbLibrary/includes/jquery.badBrowser.js

{if(jQuery.browser.msie&&parseInt(jQuery.browser.version)<=6)

Just change that to <=7

Let me know what happens! Maybe I'll change mine to <=100 and then remove M$ from the 'Download a modern browser' list! :laugh:
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Great idea, i just tried that though and it did nothing! :dry: IE7 seems to ignore the if statement where as IE6 picks it up ok.

I think using an <!--[if IE 7]> comment might work but not sure how to put that into the JS properly. (i'm still a JS beginner :blush: )

Do you think it would be possible to include a comment like that into the JS?
  • Andy Smith
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
I know even less JS than you mate!

Let's await someone with superior knowledge, then we can both learn something!! The Aussies are still sleeping but will be with us in the next couple of hours I suspect. Watch this space...
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Yeah hopefully Aussie's can be able to shed some light on this one...

I just tested an <!--if IE 7> comment in the head of templates HTML and included the <div> with the IE6 warning message in it and it works perfectly. (minus the JS of course!)

I'll keep my eyes posted and then hopefully I can laugh at all of my IE7 site visitors from now on :lol:
  • Andy Smith
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers