Support Forum

JB_Type... Frontpage works, but no place else.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I looked everywhere for a JB Type category to post this, but couldn't find one. Sorry 'bout this, but I'm having an issue.

Everything is installed and working, but I've noticed that when I insert the code, articles appear properly in Frontpage Blog View, and Article View, but do not display properly in Category View.

Formating remains intact, but the icon doesn't pop-up, and paragraph spacing seems to change, which I realize is probably just the result of the template settings.

Is this as it should be, or have I messed something up (again)? Hahaha!

Thanx for any assistance you can chuck in my general direction.

Nerfy-Poo!
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nerfy,

Sorry but Im just a little confused by your questions
Do you have a link to your frontpage?

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey Nerf,

Also let us know which template you are using. There might be some conflicting styles in play there.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason:

I'm using a simple little free template by Rocket called Afterburner. I'd forward a link but the site isn't up yet, so there's nothing to see. If you want I can forward over any css or html that might be helpful, but I'm not sure what you would need. I'm also not sure I should be putting you through all this considering that I haven't paid you a dime as of yet.

Is there anything specific that I should be looking for that could cause this problem?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Your help is, and has been, much appreciated.

Craig: Thanx for jumping in, and sorry I didn't respond to you specifically. As I said, the site isn't up yet, so there's nothing to see. I hope we can still figure out a solution. :unsure:

Nerfa'lerfa-ding-dong-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hi Nerfy

Your OK for not responding to me personally, my kids do it on a regular basis so that aint new to me ;)

When you say JB Type category is this referring to a Joomla category?

you write >>>Everything is installed and working, but I've noticed that when I insert the code, articles appear properly in Frontpage Blog View, and Article View, but do not display properly in Category View.

Hey Nerf am a little confused by this question however I know we can work it out..... so if I say or ask anything dumb, just ignore as I need to start from scratch to help ya :woohoo:

OK, a frontpage blog view is set through the parameters on the home menu. It is a blog and cant be shown as a category layout. If you want it to show as a category list you will have to make a whole new category list menu item for that.

you wrote>>Formating remains intact, but the icon doesn't pop-up, and paragraph spacing seems to change, which I realize is probably just the result of the template settings

What icon are you talking about and where and why does it have to pop up????? and if the paragraph spacing changes are you using <p> or <div> or <br /> in your article text spacings???

Nerf just tryin to pinpoint your terminology as it is for me a little hard to follow, work with me mate, we will get ya to the finish line ;)

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Howdy Craig:

Thanx man. I appreciate it. :)

Here's what's going on:
The "Home" item on the menu points to the frontpage, where everything displays properly with JB Type.

In article view, everything also displays properly, so there are no problems there. (Article titles are linked, so that was easy to see.) But I have another menu item that displays a category blog view. This is where the problem is.

When clicked, the article containing jb_type (i.e., Blabbity bla bla), doesn't display the info icon. In addition, the paragraph spacing around the paragraph to which the jb_type code is applied seems to change (get smaller), so I agree that there's probably a conflict of some sort, but I have no idea where to start looking for a conflict. :(

Hope that helps. Sorry about my flabby terminology earlier.

:woohoo: Na' Na' Na' Nerf Nerf Nerf... Nerf is the word-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
What other content plugins do you have installed? Try disabling them all except JB TYpe to see it magically starts to work. Also, check if it works in another template.

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Will do! BRB...
Oh! and Thanx! :)
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Bingo! You got it.

VOTItaly (JOOMItaly) was the culprit. Mooohahahahahah! Nothing can stop me now. Oh crud! Now I need another voting doodad. Hmmmm. That's ok. I'll get it all figured out.

Thank you Soooooo much for you help.

Nerfherder... POW! You can't use the word! That's OUR word-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
STOP! I was wrong. That wasn't it. I'll get right back to you.
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
OK. I disabled all the content plugins (not many) leaving only JB_Type and loaded one of the default Joomla templates and it still didn't work. :( Now I'm completely lost.

It's Nerf, or Nothin'!
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

What is the syntax you are using in the article to test?
If you look at the html view, can you paste the relevant bits here?

Cheers,
Jason.

p.s. someone needs to compile a Nerf Dictionary pretty soon.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason:

It looks like this:
<p><span style="font-size: 14pt;"><span style="font-family: georgia,palatino;"><em>This is the information line I'm trying to highlight with JB Type.</em></span></span></p>

I hope I just messed something up here. :)

Nerfherder-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

It looks like it could be in the html itself.
Try removing the <em> </em> and see if it works?
There might be limits with nesting inline elements like spans.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason:

I tried that and it didn't work, so I kept pulling formating until there was nothing... not even the paragraph, and still the info icon wouldn't show up in category blog view.

If no one else is having this problem it's got to be something with the template. I don't know what else to think. Goes the plugin need to be in a specific place in order (i.e., 0 or 100001?), and how about the JB Lib? Does that have any specific requirements?

I'm missing something...

I'm going to keep digging and see what I can figure out. I feel bad bugging you guys with this as it's got to be something on my end..

Thanx for all your help. I'll let you know what I find (if anything).

Nerf-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

No stress, it could even be a bug in the plugin. I will set it up here locally and try to replicate the issue.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
HI Jason:

Just checking in to see if you've made any progress or found anything out. :)
Also, I'm going to start bugging you like crazy because today... I stop freeloading! Ahhh'Hahahaha!
Yep! I'm joining, so I can get access to all the other awesome schtuff you'all have.

I'm sure I won't drive you crazy, but I'm really happy about digging into all your great templaces and extensions. This is gonna be really cool.

Nerf-
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts
Hey Nerf,

Good to have you around :) I'll work on this today but feel free to nudge if I haven't replied to you in 24 hours :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Welcome aboard Nerf ;)

Na' Na' Na' Nerf Nerf Nerf... Nerf is the word- am hearing ya Nerfy!

Good to see your signing up, this is the place for pace!

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Craig & Jason:

Thanx guys! ;)

(This is such a nice neighborhood.)
  • Nerfherder
  • Previous Member
  • 62 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers