Support Forum

• Page:

CaptifyContent has gone AWOL

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi James,

Possibly - Im still puzzled at times by how the cache works. There is an option to clear the cache in the system tab.

Good news is that Ive got the content version of the module working and it will be released with the next template :)

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey folks - thought I would attach a pre release version of captify Content module v 1.1 here. If all goes well this will be the release version.

Let me know how you get on. If you are using the content option then you need to specify both cat and section ids and then make sure the items have an image published in the intro text.

Cheers Anthony

File Attachment:

File Name: JB_CaptifyContent_J1.zip
File Size: 15401
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Very impressive work!!

I'm new to JB and have a question about code release procedures. In the thread above you mention that your upgraded captifycontent module will be released with the July template. Then in a following thread you attach the current state of that module in case any of us need it sooner (I notice this sensitivity to customer needs throughout your posts and very much appreciate it). My procedural question is, If I download the quick start file for the June template after the July template is released with the updated captify module will the updated captify module then be in the quickstart zip file or will it be the old captify module? That is, do you update all the previous months' distribution files with current fixes or are they a snapshot at the time they were released?

Either way seems to have its own set of potential problems, mostly for you. I just need to know how it works so I'll know whether I need to go download a new module when I see a discussion on here of a problem I may be experiencing. In this particular circumstance I may already have the updated module (since I just downloaded the June template yesterday, but I don't know if I do since I don't know your procedure.

Thanks
Ed
  • Ed Haskell
  • Previous Member
  • 6 posts
Hi Ed,

Glad you like our stuff and thats a good question.

The basic theory is that as we update modules we update templates and quickstart packages to work with them. Im keen to try and keep the most of the modules we create as universal as possible (there are some exceptions) so it means that there are occasional template updates to fix incompatibilities. With the advent of the JB library plugin this is less so now and all of the 09 themes are forward compatible and there are a few 08 template left to translate to use the jb library.

So the basic workflow would be:

1. Module version is updated.
2. Quickstart is updated.

There may be a lag with some packages getting updated so the best thing is to check the version number in the extension manager and then check with the changelog on the forum. The changelog for both the quickstart and the module should contain the info you require. We hope to have all of the files current for each package but its not always possible to maintain them without a lag.

Hope this helps.

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
What is odd is that last night the sections suddenly showed up. Switching the module to categories makes it disappear again.

I think I stumbled upon the cause for the sections not showing up for an indefinite amount of time... I was working on a different site with a latest news module that "refused" to list new articles no matter what I tried. The issue is with the server time being different. Setting the creation and publish time/date back a bit solved the problem and the new articles suddenly appeared.

I haven't tested with the CaptifyContent mod, but I would be willing to bet it is the same issue.

Just thought I'd post this here in case someone else is experiencing this.
  • James
  • Previous Member
  • 25 posts
James! Thank you for sharing this. I've been wondering about some unexplained behaviour too and I bet you're on to something too.
Will look into it and update the forum on this.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey folks just released an update for captify which removes the need for the subfolder routine and also fixes an issue with the module when it displays category items.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers