Support Forum

• Page:

Link to tienda Categories

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi folks

I would love to be able to link Capify Content to Tienda categories thereby providing a really slick homepage summary of the 6 main categories. I appreciate this is not what it was designed to do but I am wondering if there is a "clever" way to force the link.

If the answer is no - is there another extension which might do the trick?

Cheers
Iain
  • Iain Mace
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Iain,

Captify cant do that at the moment. Have you tried the categories module for Tienda? I dont recall if that has the option to display the image ...

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

I know it can't do it in as part of its official remit - I was considering creating a hack. I know this isn't good practice but it will create a smart solution. I was having a look at image.php in mod_capifyContent and was going to hard code the link. I have 6 parent categories and therefore 6 links. I'm no php whiz but I was pretty sure i could "bodge" something. If you think it'll be too much work then let me know and I'll abandon it (hmmm - words hack and bodge - just what Support want to hear).

For info tienda Categories module doesn't show images at the moment.

Cheers
Iain
  • Iain Mace
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hey Ianin,

If you are using the latest version of captify you could actually create a module override for it.

eg copy modules/mod_captify/tmpl/default.php to templates/your template/html/mod_captifyContent.

Any changes you make to that file will override the core module output..

Hardcoding sounds like an ok solution and I don't mind hacks at all - that's how I got started after all :)

Re the categories - what about the product categories module? I used that on the Shop Ignition and Shop Front demos.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers