Support Forum

• Page:

Clearly being a numpty

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys

Have been through the tutorial and some of the questions on here but when I try to upload captify using articles as a source, I get the name of the article and the image comes up when you click on the link but not the image on the main gallery itself although all of the hover effects work. I have tried doing this for all of the different options (k2 etc) and its the same every time.. Working here:

www.academy.jemmakidd.com/

sorry to be a pest........
  • kris1anne
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 161 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
also - when I click on it a great big space comes up above the article itself - what on earth have I done wrong to cause that?
  • kris1anne
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 161 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi there,

Do you have spaces in the images filenames? The image resize script cannot find the images, I suspect that is because there are spaces in the filenames:

If so replace space with underscores_or-hyphens and it should work.

:)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hey Seth - I tried that after seeing it on here, the pathway is as follows:

images/homepagegalleryimages/books.jpg

and I have hyphenated the names of the articles. I have also checked permissions and made sure jblibrary is on so I am a bit stumped.
  • kris1anne
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 161 posts
  • 2 Thanks
although I did work out that the big gap is because I have the module published to every page - like i said - Numpty ;)
  • kris1anne
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 161 posts
  • 2 Thanks
That's fixed one issue, only one remains I think. The cache directory is not writable, so the resized image cannot be created. You need to ensure this folder is writable:

/home/jemmakid/public_html/academy/media/plg_jblibrary/imagecache/
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth

Changed the permission settings on the file and it worked!!! Thankyou! For anyone else who may find this issue, here is what I have learned in the last week:

You can either download a joomla module to help with your permissions, or using your ftp check the permissions number on a file and change them accordingly. Most directories are set to something like 0755 and files (so individual docs) are set to 0644. If changing these wont work, you either need to contact your server hosts OR in some cases changing the directory to 0777, which is what I did here will work, especially on jquery and javascript files (apparently!), HOWEVER 0777 is an open permission number so can leave your sites security in trouble - use it sparingly!!!!!

Thanks again Seth!!!:)
  • kris1anne
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 161 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth
:) No problem. It's what I am here for!

Thanks for posting back with your experience, it is helpful for others.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers