Support Forum

• Page:

Captify Problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi need help..
I have installed Grid2 and have now problem with captify. I´ve make a section then more categories with pictures from (image/stories) everything is ok but when i click to preview first time i can see all the photos like the Grid2 demo on your site. But now the problem.. When i refresh the page then i have only the links but the pictures i cannot see why? I try everything also with K2 contents but its the same everytime first preview is ok then after refresh is nothing there.. I try this with Firefox but also with safari is the same. JB library is also installed..

Many Thanks Altay
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Altay,

Do you have a link you can share with us. Might be a help if we can see that is going on... Thanks!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed please check your mailbox.. Many thanks..
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Got your message and will look things over for you sometime today. I have a fairly busy 'day-job' day today but should be able to find time to root around. I'll post back with what I find and offer suggestions where necessary.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
While I'm looking into your specific issue, give this a go and report back. I noticed that your image file names are using upper/lower case for their name (i.e. Tarkan.jpg). Rename one of these images using only lowercase letters and re-apply the image to that article via your text editor. Save and then refresh to see if that one image shows. There are some servers that just do not know how to handle upper/lower case letters properly... Thus the reason this was added into JB's Slideshow as one of it's options.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed ok i will try it and announce me again.

Thanks
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
I have it tried but the problem is unfortunately not solved B)
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Hi there,

Could you post a link so we can take a look?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth the link is in your mailbox. Thanks..
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Hi there,

Don't know how I missed this post, sorry. Is this issue still relevant? I didn't see any link in my mailbox....
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Altay,

It looks like you are trying to resize an image that is already the correct size. I suggest disabling the resize option, or at lest setting the crop ratio to 1:1
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth many thanks but i will chance the template i think bamboo templates is not for beginners..
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 5 months ago by altay.
:blink:

I don't understand. This was an issue with the setttings in the captify content module, not the template. It is easily resolved.

Personally, I have found the templates here at JB easier to set up than anything from any of the other template clubs I have tried, and by far the best supported.

We are certainly happy to help resolve any issues you are having, if you decide to continue using the template. Just let us know if you need any further help.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I know the Template is not the reason for this problem i mean or i think before the problem is more captify extension problem but I think now the problem is on my server :S couse I have installed a new free template from web with fresh joomla install 1.5.22 everything works fine but i´ve also install jb extensions Pretty Slider and Mini Moo 2 of course with jQuery LIbrary plugin and now the problems are back the same problem like before after refreshing the page all the pictures are gone.
I think now the problem is not only the captify content or jb extensions maybe the problem is my server i read this note on my php page maybe this can help to understand what the problem is.

"Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.51a differs from your MySQL server version 4.1.24. This may cause unpredictable behavior."

phpMyAdmin - 2.11.10

* MySQL client version: 5.0.51a
* Used PHP extensions: mysql

Edit:
During the time now i´v install Grid 2 and all the extensions on my Computer with "Mamp Server" and everything work great B) now i am sure the problem is my server but i dont now what the problem is i must contact my server admin. :dry:
  • altay
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 5 months ago by altay.
Let us know how you get on and create a ticket if you would liek us to take a look.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers