Support Forum

• Page:

Captify Content disappearing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Thx, that menu fix seemed to do the trick.

I tried running NET in Firebug but all the pics seem to be loading now. I'll keep watching it.

One more question...what CSS control sets the color of the "page" behind the articles? There is also a background showing at the bottom of the grid on the home page that I can't find for the life of me.

Thx for all your help!!! :cheer:
  • Lisa Flatico
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Im pretty sure thats your page title assigned to the front page. Try setting switching it off ...

Here is a guide for it:
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-change-the-joomla-welcome-text

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yep, know how to switch it off. Client wants the color of it changed. Is that PAGE css? I can't find that.
  • Lisa Flatico
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hi Lisa,

It is a h1 heading, so you can change the colour in template_css.css

Have a Happy New Year!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thx! I did change the h1 setting but there is a white border around (frontPage in css?) Also, what css div affects the background color of the articles on all pages?

Appreciate all the great help!
  • Lisa Flatico
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Do you mean you want to change the colour of the text or the background?

If its the text then it will be controlled in the template_css.css file here:
h2,contentheading

Otherwise if its the background thats actually an image used in order to create the shadow.

The rule that holds the image is in the layout.css file:

#containerShadow_wide {background: url(../images/msiddleWide.png) repeat-y;float: left;width: 100%;position: relative;z-index: 10}

But if you change the colour there then it will affect all pages.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Jason wrote:
Just thought I'd chime in as I experienced an issue similar to yours and I can replicate it on your site currently. Perhaps this explanation will help the guys trying to troubleshoot to reproduce it, as I'm able to. I'm using Firefox by the way.

So, if someone goes to your site and clicks on one of the images, they'll be taken to a separate page showing that image's article. Now, click on Home at the top. Now select another image. See how the article now appears below the Captify Content stuff instead of on its own separate page? I was getting this behavior myself at one point on my site. It just went away once I had created a side panel menu and top menu item for all the areas. Or something to that affect. Hopefully this gives you guys some more info when looking at the site as it does seem to perhaps be a bit of weirdness with the template. As I said, once all the menus were configured on my site it stopped happening.

This fixed my problem! Thanks!
  • marksa
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts
Jason,

FYI...
Hopefully this gives you guys some more info when looking at the site as it does seem to perhaps be a bit of weirdness with the template. As I said, once all the menus were configured on my site it stopped happening.
This is a Joomla thing not the template. Regardless of what template your using, you'll need to assign articles to a menu if you want them to show up on their own page.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Here is the issue: If you go to http://www.weddingcakesbyesther.com, the captify module will display 4x3. Once you are on the site, navigate back to homepage by going to the HOME menu item (article -> Frontpage layout, default menu item) and the module will switch to a 1x12.

I tried his hack of making the default menu item on a hidden side menu and have the HOME item be a external URL, but that caused other problems.

Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Alexis
  • marksa
  • Previous Member
  • 9 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers