Support Forum

• Page:

display categories out of different section?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

I am just working with the fantastic Grid theme and the captify content.
Now I am just wondering, if it will be possible to show the pictures of categories out of different sections:

I have two sections (Nature and Music). Under each Section there are a few categories.
Now I would be very glad if I could display all the sections under Nature AND Music on the frontpage of my Grid theme. In the moment I jut get one section to display its categories...

Would be glad for a tipp!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Martin,

You could add two captifyContent modules to the front page. Each showing a different section published to the same position.
Depending on the number of categories in each, you can change the number of items you want to display and the corresponding image sizes in captify so as to fit them together .

Let us know how you go and if you post a link I'd be glad to offer some suggestions.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason!

Thx a lot for your answer!
I just thought about something like that would be the easiest solution!
So I am going to try this. I am still in the middle of building the site, and some work must be done before I will use the two captyfy modules!

Thanks a lot again for this great tipp!

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
You're welcome Martin :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers