Support Forum

• Page:

Configuring captify content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey there,

Just tried what you advised and it works as a charm. Thank you so much for your help !!

All the best,

Stephan
  • Stephan Malvoisin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Great to hear Stephan.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Well, I spoke too fast =)

It DID work, then I changed the category on which my captify module is based, and it stopped working. I mean, the captify will not resize my image if I ask it to be wider than 350px (up to 349px wide, I can resize and the height/width ratio are respected; if I set the width at 350 or higher, I only get the full size image... and not the horizontal banner I was hoping for).

The category I chose does have an image attached to it, and I do not understand why the module is somehow "blocked" on that 350-px-wide landmark.

Quite perplex...
Any thought will help...

Best,

Stephan
  • Stephan Malvoisin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
Hey Stephan,

Can you tell us which template you are using and if possible provide a link to the site so we
can better look at it?

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey,

Sorry for the late answer. I'm currently using the Grid template but can not show you the website as it is not online yet.

In fact it seems that the CaptifyContent module will not magnify images up to full width if the initial image was not big enough (probably to keep a decent resolution). So everything is working fine now !!

Thanks for your help =)
  • Stephan Malvoisin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
Hey Stephan,

Yes the image resizing scripts scales images down really well but it does not enlarge them. There is always some degradation when you enlarge an image and hence the script seems to avoid doing it.
Good to know you have things working.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers