Support Forum

• Page:

Undefined variable: secid in

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

First things first. GREAT Module.
Second... I have checked the forum but did not find resolution to my issue, therefore, I am sorry if I missed it.

I have installed your JB FAW and the Library plugin. I have enabled the Module and set a category. on Frontend of my site, I see the following errors but I still have the ' Close All | Open All ' options and they work fine. I have set the module to left position. Here what I see at the Frontend of my site:

Notice: Undefined variable: secid in /homepages/14/d294256345/htdocs/modules/mod_jbfaq/helper.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined variable: secid in /homepages/14/d294256345/htdocs/modules/mod_jbfaq/helper.php on line 105

I checked and check the forum but did not find anything that would help me resolve/remove the above messages.

You can see the error by visiting my site at www.computer-repair-reading.com to your left.

Request:

Also, I would like to setup the module as follow:

user would click on FAQ link from Menu and they will be taking to a page where my FAQs are listed with the option of expending them. See another website as an example: www.volumecheck.com/faq

Your assistance would be very much appreciate and I look forward to hearing from you soon and resolve my Issue and my request.

Roma64
  • roma64
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by roma64.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Roma,

Do you have an ID in the section text area in the module parameter? that error is saying that there isn't one. in general it wouldn't be an issue but it looks like you have error reporting set to higher than normal on your joomla installation.

Ypou can add a module to a content item by using the loadposition syntax:

eg In your content item write {loadposition faq} to load all modules that are published to the faq position.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony!

Thank you for your quick response. I have set Joomla Error Reporting to None (see attached). I have put in ID in the Module Parameters under Module ID but no luck for I am still getting the same below error at the front end.

Notice: Undefined variable: secid in /*****/14/********/htdocs/modules/mod_jbfaq/helper.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined variable: secid in /********/14/********/htdocs/modules/mod_jbfaq/helper.php on line 105

I would appreciate your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon and start using the JB FAQ to work.

Sincerely yours!

Roma

See attached pictures
  • roma64
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by roma64. Reason: wrong image format
Hi Roma,

The error reporting is set high in you hosting environment.

The variable is being tested for and hence should not generate an error.

If you are comfortable with it you can edit the file
htdocs/modules/mod_jbfaq/helper.php

and remove lines 87 to 92
if ($secid)
		{
			$ids = explode( ',', $secid );
			JArrayHelper::toInteger( $ids );
			$secCondition = ' AND (s.id=' . implode( ' OR s.id=', $ids ) . ')';
		}

and line 105
($secid ? $secCondition : '').

That will get rid of the error for you.
Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
RESOLVED - I thank you for your speedy response and great.

Sincerely yours!

Roma64 :)
  • roma64
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Great thanks! Roma :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers