Support Forum

• Page:

All articles and all faq's are shown

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've just installed the jb faq module.
(it wouldn't hurt to mention you also need jQuery (and provide a link, I found extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/scripts/10236 , I hope that's correct?)

I'm (also) experiencing the problem that all articles on my site are displayed in the faq. (although I selected a specific section)

But I can not get the module ID to work properly either. Has anyone tried that?
Adding a second JB FAQ module makes the FAQ appear twice where {loadposition FAQ} is mentioned in an article.
I set one module ID to "1", the other to "2", but the FAQ won't appear where I insert {loadposition FAQ1} or {loadposition FAQ2}, it only appears where I insert {loadposition FAQ} for every JB FAQ module I activate.

If I would only use one module and set its module ID, I would expect that I need to set the module ID in the loadposition directive also. But the module ID seems to be ignored completely.

(I've tried this on a unknown linux system. (I don't know which linux, which version of php/mysql and such). I'll try to replicate it on my local Ubuntu install and post the results.)
  • Roland
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Roland,

We actually have our own jQuery plugin, the JB Library. We recommend using that for JB FAQ.

You are only able to select a specific category, so selecting a section shouldn't work.

When you want to load a module using loadposition, you should give the module a unique position in the module manager. So instead of selecting one of the options on the dropdown list, type in a new name (like jbfaq). That is the name you use for loadposition, and the module ID is only if you use multiple instances of jbfaq on the site. It helps to prevent javascript errors.

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Indeed, I wrote that I selected a specificsection, but i meant category. My mitstake.

I'll give your JB library a try..

I have the modules displayed in the correct place now. I created 2 faqs and added them to a page as such:
hardware: {loadposition jbfaq1}
software: {loadposition jbfaq2}

I thought I now had to configure each module with position "jbfaq" and set the module-id to "1" or "2".
That was wrong.

Setting the module position to "jbfaq1" and "jbfaq2" fixed the issue. (I set the module ID too, so the "open/close all" links close only one section, not all faq's (which is rather weird naming, because "open all" now no longer opens "all". Unfortunately the "read more..." button text can be changed while the "open "all" text is hardcoded?)

Now the only remaining problem is that the faqs displays all articles from all categories. I'll use the other topic on that subject for that:
www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/jb-faq/15579-reall-articles-are-shown-in-stead-of-the-ones-with

Thanks for the reply.
  • Roland
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Hi Roland,

Good point about the hardcoded open all - Ill add it to the todo list and update it next time it gets a freshen up.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers