Support Forum

• Page:

Guidance re MailChimp Subscriptions, Implementation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm developing a new site for a non-profit org as a volunteer. They are newly using MailChimp for their newsletter and announcements. I understand that there is a MailChimp plug-in for Joomla.

Here's where I need your help in the context of your Lifestyle template ... What I'd like to do is have a link in the top menu called "Subscribe" where folks can self-manage their MailChimp preferences, e.g., what announcements they receive, etc. Is that even possible?

I'd also like to include a calendar of events on the site that somehow links to MailChimp, if possible (so maybe details could auto-pop newsletter?). I'd like this calendar to appear on its own page on the site, as well as a small module on the front page (as a single or double column between the slideshow and bottom area) and as a small module on the right hand side of EVERY page except the front page. Ideally, we'd publish articles with details on each event and these details would somehow be linked to the calendar and vice versa.

Can you give me any guidance on how to set all of this up? I'm new to MailChimp and Joomla. I'm using the Lifestyle template.

The site is currently here for development and demo purposes: www.betterversionofme.com.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and for your wonderful forum!
  • alaskajen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

Your best bet is to check the joomla extensions website to look for something with the functionality that you want.

I have used this component with mailchimp and I think it's the best available.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-sharing/mailing-a-newsletter-bridges/13602

I'm not sure how an event calendar would integrate with a newsletter component, but there are quite a few event components listed there as well.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alaskajen

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers