Support Forum

• Page:

Help a newbie with setup please

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

can anyone help me with set up please?

I uploaded the mod package into my site

I put the script callouts into the head tags

I uploaded images into the media manager and pluged the info into the hoverbox admin

now what is the next step????:blink:

how do I asign it to show in the content area of a page?

I'm sorry, totaly confused now. I am completely new to the hole joomla thing..

I basicaly want to make a "Gallery" link in the nav that will open a page with the Gallery shown in the main contnet area. Prefably with the thumbnales in the vertical layou above the main picture.

Thanks for any help...:)
  • remo
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Here is the info about putting it into a content item ...

* Just create a new content item.

* Place {mosloadposition myposition} in the content.

* Publish the module to the position that you name instead of myposition but make sure its a position that doesnt appear in your template and it will show up in your main body.

Now create a new menu item for the content you just created and it will show up.

Hope this helps ...

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for the help Anthony
  • remo
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Ok, well I've already set this up once and I got it working with a load of trial and error, but now, second time around, I can't find any info about including the module in the content page ("Just place in the content"??? It's not that easy) or infact much at all apart from the "tutorial" about how to position stuff.

Is there any chance of a proper tutorial for this great module? It would just make it so much easier to use.

Thanks.

Jonathan
  • Deee
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Ok that sounds like a good idea ...

You use {mosloadposition myposition} to place any joomla module in the content body. The module needs to be published to a position that isnt used in your template so something like cpanel is used less so you can use that.

So the final result should look like this:

[code:1]{mosloadposition cpanel}[/code:1]

The original instructions that you would have used are located here:

http://joomlabamboo.com/free-joomla-addons/hover-box-gallery-module

What specific points would you like to see in the tutorial?

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Very impressive response time. Thank you - that's exactly the bit that I was missing. To be honest, the link that you gave me is only half of the whole set up process, important, but doesn't help in the slightest with actually getting the gallery up and running.

How about a step by step tutorial with screen shots at various stages? I mean there's talk about Slimbox but I have no idea what that is or does. Somewhere I read that something needs to be put in the header script ... how do people know this and what needs to go where? I seem to recall that I didn't put anything in the header script on my previous install, but got it working ok.

Anyway Anthony, I hope this helps. I would be more than happy to read through anything that you put together and suggest more content.

Well done on creating a great module.

Regards,

Jonathan
  • Deee
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
I'm having trouble getting my hover box gallery to show up. I've set it up in a unique position, called the images from the proper folder, everything that I can think of doing. The catch is that the module shows up in Firebug, but in reality, the space where it should go it completely blank.

I went to that link that supposedly had instructions but never found the instructions. :-\

I'm not sure what I should do now??? Absolutely lovely module, but I can't figure it out...:(
  • Shayna Dunn
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Shayna,

Do you have the images published?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, Anthony, for the speedy reply. I do have the photos published, unless there's a special method of publishing WITHIN the module that I'm unaware of. But they are published on the server. I've attached a screen shot of the module configurations. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here? Thanks! Shayna
Attachments:
  • Shayna Dunn
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Try changing the disable option to another option.

Also you need to set the thumbnail image as well.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony, good news -- your suggestions worked! Unfortunately for me, this is not the module I thought it was! The module I thought it was was the photo gallery that appears at the top of the Strata template! This particular Hoverbox module is something that I myself have already done. :( Although the name of the module makes a lot more sense now, and I like your idea of making it a module. So, new question...is that particular gallery featured on the Strata template available to me for my own site? Thanks for all your help,
Shayna
  • Shayna Dunn
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Shayna,

The Featured Works gallery is the bambooBox gallery and its a club extension as is the slideshow at the very top of the page.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers