Support Forum

• Page:

Hover Box and z-Index

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello.

I seem to be having a problem that I just cannot figure out. I saw that other people are having the same problem with the lightbox js having other things within the site popping through it. I know this most likely has something to do with the z index but what do I do exactly to get adjust the zindex. I looked and looked but I must be overlooking something.

michaelsjewelryonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=1&Itemid=2

Help please.

Adam
  • Gianmichele genovese
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hello,

You've got two references to the slimbox css which is probably the issue. Because you've copied the references to the scripts to run hoverbox into the head of the template there is no need to have the module do it ... so I would say that will solve the issue.

If that doesnt fix it then you need to look atthe z-index for the lboverlay an make sure the z-index is lower than any of the other slimbox elements.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey,

Im sorry but I am super super new to this whole joomla & JS thing. What is the code exactly that I need to take out of the head? I am somewhat lost.

Thank you for such a quick response.
  • Gianmichele genovese
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
In the parameters for the module you have the option of including the various scripts needed to get the module to run. Just choose no to all of them since you already added them to the head of the template.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ok sweet, I got that. I think that I can figure out the z-index stuff but there is still this white bar that shows through my images. Where is this bar in the code so that I can take it out?
  • Gianmichele genovese
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

Thats a div in your templaye file called .inside. Try changing its css in the template_css file to remove the background colour ... should do the trick.

You still have the overlay on top of the image though have you made th changes?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yeah I tried at add the z-index to the lbOverlay but it doesnt seem to really affect the gallery. Also yet, the menu system "cuts" through the gallery as well. Do I just need to go in and give each thing a z-index and set those lower to the overlay?

What should the values of z-index be anyway?

Thank you so much for your help and quick replies. You are a huge help.
  • Gianmichele genovese
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
No you shouldnt need to change anything in the css files really. I just checked the link again and the link just takes me to the page again so I cant see what's happening at the moment.

The source code looks like you have referenced the slimbox files correctly so perhaps post here again when you have the slimbox working and Ill take another look.

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers