Support Forum

• Page:

GREAT Module!!! What about multiple galleries?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I finally got everything working after I copied the css into template_css.css file.

What is the best way to:

1. create multiple galleries

2. add this functionality into the content modules of a site.

I am trying to create a photography web site and would love to add the ability to have a string of thumbnails that would display a a larger image, "inside" multiple content items.

Can this be done?

Ken<br><br>Post edited by: scsken, at: 2007/06/17 08:06
  • carlos malave
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Yes you can add multiple galleries to single content items.

Ive achieved this in the demo on the site using the tag [code:1]{mosloadposition myposition}[/code:1].

So my content might look something like this:

[code:1]

This is the hover box gallery. Its really quite fun.

{mosloadposition advert1}

I really hope you liked these photos.[/code:1]

The mosloadposition tag displays every published module in the position that is named - so the best way to use this function is to use a module position that isnt used in your template, or you can create a new module position in the backend area.

The tag then outputs the galleries in the order they appear in the module admin. As a way of displaying a number of different galleries separated by lots of text you might do something like this:

[code:1]Here is photo gallery 1.

{mosloadposition advert1}

Here is phot gallery 2.

{mosloadposition advert2}

...[/code:1]

As far as creating multiple galleries goes you can just copy the hover box module in the site modules list in the module admin.

Hope this helps and glad you like the module ....

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi,

This module looks great, on your site.

However, I can not get it to work.

I have copied over the CSS but all I get is thumbnails. No image is displayed on mouse over.

Any ideas?
  • tuney
Thanks for the answers and the quick response...

I have the multiple galleries working.

The next question is...

Can a link be passed to the Big image?

Ken

This way may not be a fancy "lightbox" routine but it certainly is an elegant solution. I am sure that I will use it over and over...
  • carlos malave
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
tuney,

I am kinda new at this css stuff, but here is what I did.

I copied all of the content from the hover.css to the bottom of my template_css.css

Then I copied the exact settings from the example on the joomblabamboo.com settings. Pay special attention to the margin settings sometimes it looks like "margin: 270px 0 0 0" for the bottom version. Naturally, the example settings did not match my images but then I adjusted the width, height, etc to match my images' dimensions, once hover box showed up.

Last tip, be sure to place a value "Relative position..." such as left, right, bottom etc..Good Luck...Ken<br><br>Post edited by: scsken, at: 2007/06/17 17:57
  • carlos malave
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Hey Ken and Tuney,

Thanks for the responses Ken. Did they help you Tuney?

The other thing to make sure is that you've designated a gallery height but the large image should show even if thats not set.

I guess the main thing to understand is that the large image is positioned absolutely so you need to configure the css to position it relative to the thumbnails.

If these tips havent worked can you post a url to see whats happening?

Cheers

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
scsken wrote:
Can a link be passed to the Big image?

Yes its so simple I should have included it in this module but it will have to wait for the next version. In the meantime you can open the mod_hover_box.php file and scroll down and see the links that generate the hover images. where it says "#nogo" just insert your link using www.mysite.com ...

I send out a message when the next version is out ...

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers